Django's Delight - mr2kewl Original

Started by mr2kewl, April 28, 2012, 10:26:05 PM

mr2kewl

Django's Delight
Time:
0:00
Volume:
i was headed in a totally different direction with this only to end up here.

this'll be my tribute to an artist who could play more notes with his two good fingers then i could with twenty.

thanks for listening.

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

andy casson

Very nice playing, even with 20 fingers! Enjoyed this

andy

Groundy

Nice one Mark, one of my all time favs, Django, topclass tune and playing..well done....alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

steelguitar

I love Django Reinhardt like you. I congratulate you to compose a song as a tribute to this genious of the music.

Your original is a inspired original song...  It have a melancholic taste, it's a beautyfull ballad...

I like a lot your sound on electric guitar, a "round" mellow sound.
The melody of your theme is tasty... your choice of chords accompaniament is adapted
Your rythms with some "taps" on the microphone (is it?) is a good idea!

Your tribute  is a beautyful composition for me, but not take the most obvious way to make a "Django tribute"...    not with the traditional gypsy turnarounds, not the rythms played by the Quintette du Hot Club de France, not all the gypsy scales... or the caricatural virtuoso's attitude with the guitar...
 It reminds me the approach of Joe Pass with "For Django"... The ways of inspiration and influence in music are various, and take different roads...
Yours is a modest, an intimate, personnal way of tribute...

I love it

Musically

Jean-Sébastien

PS and note for the forum staff : this composition make me feel it would be a good idea to have on Songcrafters  a DJANGO FEST!!!
recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS

Bluesberry

Django fest.......now thats something i could get excited about.  I love that guy.  I agree with all the above, bloody lovely tone there Mark.  If this is your new direction, I am loving it.  I am sorta moving in this direction myself, with my acoustic, to play like this kind of thing.  We seem to have parallel ideas sometimes.  Freaky really.  I have been watching, studying, thinking about Django style a lot lately.  Excellent my friend.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Groundy

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Blooby

Really wonderful (and appropriate) listen.

On a related note, I was reading somewhere that Dickey Betts wrote the instrumental "Jessica" after listening to a bunch a Django.  Although the song doesn't have much sonic relevance, he decided to play it with two fingers (at least the main theme).

Blooby

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Greeny

Gorgeous tone and vibe. A totally immersive listen. Just lovely.