What do you know :DRIVE BUDSY!!!!"

Started by Hook, March 11, 2012, 09:05:12 PM

Hook

Thoroughly angry now. I'm working on a tune got all the tracks recorded and just playing back and now I've got a drive busy. I can scroll the time wheel around anywhere in the song so I know all the tracks are there. I've backed it up, initialized the card, re-loaded and still got drive busy. I put it on a different card still got the drive busy. I'm willing to try and mix this down on audacity, already got the tracks in there but how do I get the drum track I created on the br900 off the card?!!!!!
Help!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Hook

Well I might have figured it out. I was listening to the tracks, sans drums, and noticed something odd on the bass track, kind of a snap in the middle of the track. I'm not the best bass player, so I use my foot pedal and punch a bass part together , playing the part as long as I can until I mess up. Sometimes that's alot and I guess all the punching must have corrupted the track. So I went back to the uploaded one on the initializes card and erased the bass track and it seems to have worked. I just mixed and am about to master. Man I'm awesome!
Rock On Me!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

64Guitars

QuoteWhat do you know :DRIVE BUDSY!!!!"

Are you sure it's not "Operator Budsy"?  ;)

Quote from: Hook on March 11, 2012, 09:05:12 PMThoroughly angry now. I'm working on a tune got all the tracks recorded and just playing back and now I've got a drive busy. I can scroll the time wheel around anywhere in the song so I know all the tracks are there. I've backed it up, initialized the card, re-loaded and still got drive busy. I put it on a different card still got the drive busy. I'm willing to try and mix this down on audacity, already got the tracks in there but how do I get the drum track I created on the br900 off the card?!!!!!

To get the drum track into Audacity, first bounce it to a pair of tracks on the BR (lower the faders on all of the other tracks so you just get the drums), then export that pair of tracks as a WAV file.

Things to try:

If you're sure you've got a good backup of the song, try the Song Optimize function on it. Sometimes that will fix the drive busy error. Though, sometimes it will just make things worse (hence the need for a good backup).

If you've pulled all of your tracks off as WAV files and verified that they're all intact, you could try creating a new song and importing the WAV files into it.

Or, if you were done with the song anyway, you could simply import the tracks as WAV files into Audacity and mix it there. I always do my final mix in Audacity anyway. I like that I can mix more than 8 tracks at once. Be sure to open Audacity's mixer window by pulling down the View menu and selecting "Mixer Board...". It's much nicer mixing your tracks in the mixer board window than in track view.

If you continue to get Drive Busy errors on that card with other songs, you might want to backup the card then Initialize it. If you continue to get Drive Busy errors after Initialization, you should probably retire that card and get a new one.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Hook

Not tonight brother. I had tried most of that since this isn't my 1st drive busy rodeo. I couldn't bounce the drum track because it would stop about 45 seconds into the song with the drive busy. Once I got rid of the bass track it worked fine and had no issues. I recorded a new bass track and mixed & mastered and about to post.
Thanks!

Ha ha I just noticed my typo. I'm really stupid!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

64Guitars

Quote from: Hook on March 11, 2012, 09:53:21 PMHa ha I just noticed my typo. I'm really stupid!

Nah! Not stupid at all. Considering the location of the D and S keys on the keyboard, it's a very easy typo to make. I just couldn't resist having some fun with it.

Glad you were able to finish the song.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

Glad you figured it out. The reason for the drive busy and the solution you found is what I experience in 9 out of 10 drive busy situations. I think I've described it in some other thread here, but the easiest way to detect a faulty track is to export all the tracks with the BR wave converter. The faulty track then most likely won't export and you've located the bugger !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

launched

Good on you for getting your song finished, bro! Yes, "punch drunk" tracks have been a problem for me as well in the past with my MicroBR. And, like Geir said my only bailout has been a mass .wav exodus to find the bad track!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Oldrottenhead

i get drive busy all the time and i am teetotal  ??? ::) ;D
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Burtog

???Drive Busy.

Was sweating it a bit until I read this thread, followed the advise about exporting to BRWC to figure out the bad track and found it. It was the original ghost vocal that i did, dont know how it became broken.

Anyhoo, think its ok now, my 8gb card was about 85% full so going to retire it after finishing this track, got 2 replacement cards on Amazon at half price,.....bonus!!

recorder
Boss BR-800

steelguitar

Not good, this "Drive Busy" on BR.

You have so much songs, or mp3, or reel / virtual tracks.

You need to replace your memory card, because if you record a new song or track, some strange things could come like strange effects, or erase / affect  already recorded songs or tracks.

Jean-Sébastien
recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS