need a partner for the song i wrote

Started by New Writer, March 10, 2012, 06:51:08 AM

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

i wrote this christmas song but it was inspired but a already famous melody and i need to treak it to make it an original.
does anyone want to partner with me to get it finished and published?
new writer (tom)
thillsmax@aol.com

phantasm777

partner = what? lyric writer, music writer? musician to play the music already written?

[size=14[/size]
I WROTE NEW LYRICS TO THE SONG "BELIEVE" FROM THE POLAR EXPRESS AND I NEED A THE MELODY TWEAKED.
TOM

Hook

Just a comment on your approach. Perhaps you should seek out a new melody instead of "tweaking" someone's existing, relatively well known melody. I often write lyrics to songs/melodies that are ingrained in my head. Then I tend to put those writings down and disassociate it from the original melody and later take it in a new, original direction. Being inspired by something is great and dandy, "tweaking" someone's work is kinda wrong.
Just a thought, good luck!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

phantasm777

i agree with you hook. i never wrote lyrics to someone elses songs. you'd be better off contacting the original song writer and asking if he would consider doing a version with lyrics.
taking someone elses song, tweaking it a bit, to supposedly make it a new different song, i feel is wrong. as for me personally, i have plenty of ideas for songs as to never deliberately copy and change someone else's song for my own.
i think it's against some law anyways. and you would def. be sued if it went over big to any degree. being original is the best and safest.

steelguitar

Hi!
For me, "to make it an original", you need to go away from the song "believe" from the Polar Express, to forget the melody of it, and find a new structure and/or  new harmonies and/or new melody and/or new rythms.
You have to think your lyrics as part of an other song, a new song, a true original one.
 So, you can post your original lyrics, ask for a music writer collaboration who will respect some of your constraints (Christmas song genre, etc, etc).
In that kind of collaboration with someone who wrote the music for your original lyics, you have to accept that the song is virtually "open" to every direction... The possibilities of creativity are infinite...

Musically
recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS

beleg

I have never heard the song "believe" from the Polar Express. Post your lyrics here and maybe it will inspire brand new melody from me or someone else.