Help! Did I really lose MP Jam session recording?

Started by DannyB_KY, February 19, 2012, 09:29:44 AM

DannyB_KY

I used my Micro BR w/CS10 external mic to record a jam session yesterday. The Br booted normal. I saw no strange indications. I was in MP3 mode with recorder set to 192kbps. tracks 1 &2 levels were good and the time was running. After about an hour and 10 minutes. I stopped the recorder and it seemed to shut down normally.

This morning I hooked up the BR to my pc and the MP3 folder in the BR was empty. On the BR, when MP3 is sellected it say "no file".

Now what??

MP3 recording is about the simplest thing to do with the Micro BR. I can't believe I messed up, but..............
Unlike wives, you can never have too many Les Pauls.

64Guitars

The only thing I can think of is that you perhaps forgot to press the Record button, or accidentally pressed it twice which would toggle it back off. If you set your levels then pressed Play without first pressing Record, it would look like you were recording. The level meters would be responding to the input signal and the counter would be counting. So it would be easy to mistakenly believe you were recording.

When in Record mode, there is a tiny icon on the bottom line of the display, but it's easily overlooked. On other BRs, the REC button lights up red when in record mode, which is fairly noticeable. But the Micro BR's buttons don't light up. I believe the only indication on the Micro BR that you're in record mode is the tiny icon on the bottom line of the display. So my guess is that the Micro BR was not in record mode when you thought you were recording.

To prevent this problem in the future, always check the bottom line of the display for the Record icon to verify that you're in record mode. See item 12 on page 16 of the Micro BR manual.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Blooby

Quote from: 64Guitars on February 23, 2012, 09:48:15 AMThe only thing I can think of is that you perhaps forgot to press the Record button, or accidentally pressed it twice which would toggle it back off.

This was my first thought as I have done this before.

Blooby

Oldrottenhead

just a thought, if you where in mp3 mode i don't think you can actually record, i may be wrong on that tho.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on February 23, 2012, 11:05:54 AMjust a thought, if you where in mp3 mode i don't think you can actually record, i may be wrong on that tho.

You can record in MP3 mode. See "Recording MP3 or WAV data" on page 99 of the Micro BR manual.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

DannyB_KY

I bet thats what happened. I had to crawl on floor to get in between the players. And while sprawled out on the floor, I had to extend my arm to get it situated in a safe spot. I'll have to be more careful next time.

Actually, next time will be with a BR-80!
Unlike wives, you can never have too many Les Pauls.