BR-800. Recording internal mics and 2 external?

Started by madrab, November 13, 2011, 06:25:53 AM

madrab

I just bought me a BR-800 and have a newbie question:

Is there any way to use the internal mics together with two extarnal mics in a 4 (simultaneous)  track recording? The only options I find is internal mics (for 2 tracks recordings) or 4 inputs. Is there way around this?

Cheers
Henrik

64Guitars

Judging from the manual, I don't think it can be done. But I don't have a BR-800 so I could be wrong. Maybe Geir or someone else with a BR-800 can say for sure.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

madrab

I got it cheap, but I guess I should have read the manual first. I think I will look for a reasonably priced stereomic.

Geir

No, it's not possible. I don't see why they have left that option out tho.

Maybe we should request it as something added in a firmware upgrade! 
"INP3&4+MIC L/R" should fit in the display :D

Would really be a nice feature!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

madrab

It would be nice. Let's hope for the upgrade. My only other complain is that it is so slow when connected to my mac.

64Guitars

Quote from: madrab on November 17, 2011, 12:53:34 PMMy only other complain is that it is so slow when connected to my mac.

Do you mean for file transfers? Like all of the BRs except the new BR-80, I believe the BR-800 has USB 1.1 which is quite slow. For faster file transfers, remove the SD card from your BR-800 and insert it into your Mac's SD card slot. If it doesn't have one, buy a standard USB 2.0 card reader and connect it to your Mac. File transfers over USB 2.0 are much faster than the BR's USB 1.1.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

madrab

I have a slot on my mac, but it would have be able to leave the card in place.
Thanks for the info, songcrafters is one of the big selling points for boss recorders.