using micro BR for vocals only... questions

Started by berkly, December 29, 2008, 08:56:35 AM

berkly

I sing barbershop (4-part male harmony) and one of my quartet members recently bought this for recording vocals exclusively. 

It has come to my attention that this particular system is not the best for vocals, so my question is:

How can my quartet use this to the best of its and our ability?

Also, I am 23 years old and the man who bought this is about 70-some-odd years old. 

How would I be able to explain to him how to use it?

Thank you for your time,

Brandon
B~FRESH   
I will sing if somebody needs a singer!!!

hewhoiscalledj

Greetings,

Nice to see the barbershop style is still alive and well! I'm not sure what you may be comparing the MicroBR to but in its class and price range, it's a fantastic piece of gear to record with. I would assume that your group would only need to record a stereo track of the performance. With this in mind, you simply create a new song and then select the built-in mic as the input, then hit record.

Thats the basic idea. With the MicroBR, you have access to effects like reverb as well as different EQ'ing, compression, and mastering effects for your final product/recording. This may be more than you require for your purposes but is certainly useful for the recording process. The MBR lets you convert your tracks into MP3s which you can then upload to your computer to do with as you please.

I suppose all the rythym and guitar effects would be somewhat useless in your application, but again, the results for recording vocals or any live perforamance can be quite stellar. Check out the examples in the "post your music" section of this forum.

Cheers.

Oldrottenhead

i like mach 3 for shaving but they are very expensive, i know they do a four blade razer in lidls for 99p but are they any good?
ps i have very sensitive skin and bleed very easily.
saying that lidls do a very good loo roll for under a pound, their kitchen roll is very absorbent too.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

berkly

B~FRESH   
I will sing if somebody needs a singer!!!