Audio / Video

Started by FuzzFace, February 21, 2011, 02:26:08 PM

FuzzFace

I made a video recording of myself playing some songs using my digital camera.

The sound is really bad.

What is a good way to use a mic (MBR or another mic) to record the audio, while recording the video on the digital camera, and then matching them up to make 1 avi file (or whatever video format)?

Thank-you.

Oldrottenhead

i use video studio 9, but i am sure you can use any video editing software, i record with camera and mbr. put video into vs9 and remove audio file from video, then replace with audifile from mbr. getting it in sync is the bugger tho. takes longer to do that, than all the other stuff including writing the song in the first place.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

FuzzFace

What are some tips on getting it in sync?  I suppose opening with a count-in?

There must be a (free) program to do it all on the computer, eliminating the need to sync it up...(?)

Oldrottenhead

Quote from: Zen Master FuzzFace on February 21, 2011, 02:52:41 PMWhat are some tips on getting it in sync?  I suppose opening with a count-in?

There must be a (free) program to do it all on the computer, eliminating the need to sync it up...(?)
no it's a nightmare, but a count in or clapperboard type thing something you can sync in with at start of video. but it can be easier having audio with long lead in then chopping bits of the start in audacity. means a bit of silence at start of video but is easier to line up audio and sync. i always find it easier to edit the audio than it is to edit the video, but thats probably all the caffiene coursing through ma veins
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

also get a decent camera, i had an old polaroid digital camera and syncing with that was impossible, imagine a cassete tape but it was stretched and shrunk and stretched and shrunk again like cheap tape. syncing was too hard, check out my early youtube stuff.
i now have a casio exilim, sound recording on it is shit but it stays in time so syncing is a lot easier

does that make sense to anyone apart from me?
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

danieldesete

I record the sound with mbr and join it in the video in windows moovie maker, but there is always a delay, a nightmare indeed... (I know this post doesn't help, but I feel  a little better now)
hou hou ha ha

FuzzFace

There must be a way, with a laptop, to record both video and audio (with a mic) simultaneously...

Oldrottenhead

there probably are, but with your microbr you will get a better quality audio recording than you would get with even a high quality video camera.

you could use a webcam but audio would suck in comparison.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJob20BWrlk

Another idea is to simultaneously record your audio on the BR and on the video camera while filming your performance. In Windows Movie Maker (or whatever program you use), you can load the video and audio from the camera and import the audio from the BR. So you'll have three things in the Movie Maker timeline: the video, the camera audio (which is already in perfect sync with the video), and the BR audio. You can then move the BR audio around in the timeline until it's perfectly synchronised with the audio from the camera. Once you have a perfect match, delete the camera audio, leaving just the video and the BR audio and save the file.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

danieldesete

Use a snap ! brilliant ! Or clap your hands before recording (In my home nobody claps afterwards anyway)
hou hou ha ha