Revenge Of The Bee's

Started by StephenM, April 25, 2024, 05:39:27 PM

StephenM

Revenge Of The Bee's
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Is a song about earth as a giant bee's nest.  It is a song about wing vibrational frequencies.  For all those that tune in it can be somewhat scary and overwhelming but also healing when one learns to get along with the various frequencies that exist in those around us.  We have a field around us.  So this is about that.

it is weird... but cool...

so for the next until around August I will only be doing recording related to my nephew David's wedding to the most enchanting and delightful Erica.  They have asked me to make a song for their wedding.  They know what my music is like and they know me well... so I shall do all I can for a delightful addition to the ceremony.

but in the meantime... here is some madness... as I have a war against certain kinds of bad buzzing bugs.Revenge Of The Bee's.mp3

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

Man, you're flirting with metal!

Where once there was the sound of Sabbath and the feeling of proto-metal, you're now at the verge of crossing over to the proper metal side of things. Even the vocals kinda work in that style at this "hipster metal" age of ours.

If you're not careful you might connect with the mainstream crowd. That would be a nuisance. I mean i've already been to several gigs and concerts where people have yelled: "We want Moore, We want Moore!". Its catching on like a fire.

We could blame the active pickups, but man you're on fire as far as all the instruments go. The drumming. I can see the manic glee and the spittle on your chin while you're beating the lambskins. The wicked finger you're giving while playing the bass and the glimmer in your eyes when the Schecter roars.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

StephenM

Quote from: Zoltan on April 26, 2024, 05:01:24 AMMan, you're flirting with metal!

Where once there was the sound of Sabbath and the feeling of proto-metal, you're now at the verge of crossing over to the proper metal side of things. Even the vocals kinda work in that style at this "hipster metal" age of ours.

If you're not careful you might connect with the mainstream crowd. That would be a nuisance. I mean i've already been to several gigs and concerts where people have yelled: "We want Moore, We want Moore!". Its catching on like a fire.

We could blame the active pickups, but man you're on fire as far as all the instruments go. The drumming. I can see the manic glee and the spittle on your chin while you're beating the lambskins. The wicked finger you're giving while playing the bass and the glimmer in your eyes when the Schecter roars.

that TG mastering is teaching me things... the track is great on it's own... but that TG thing made this a little more in the left speaker...it does stuff in the freq spectrum... blows my mind.... and so very good... adds to the madness of the artist's intentions.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

BerryPatch

Epic pysch-grunge opus! I love the "buzzing" sounds from the guitars and the all the different overdubs make for a heady experience. Free-form in all the right ways!

Mike_S

Yeah ok Steve. I like the fact you are trying to tune in with some weird natural frequencies. How do they interact with us? What do they mean? Do they affect us? Do they have a deep meaning that we don't understand?

It probably helps me that I am listening to your tunes after a couple of whiskies... it's helping tune into your frequency. I mean this in a good way. You are always trying to mine into a deep, sometimes complicated part of ourselves and our minds. And I damn well love that.

This is deep shit. Brilliant... love it.

BUT one thing. You are doing a great thing musically for David and Erica and I know you will create something special, but surely you will find a gap, if only to give your musical mind a break during the next few months to give us a couple of Steve specials on SC! :) Haha... worth a try!

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Johnbee

Man, your stuff is so strange........and delightfully different.
This song is a reminder that it is the time of year when the bees start building.  If you don't want to wind up getting swarmed this summer keep your eyes open for "building projects".  ;)

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

I love this new " metal" direction you're taking at the moment. I'm sure you did a song about bees before too? I bloody love this.  :)
Cool guitars and not over the top too much, great drums too. Wonderful free form style and lyrics as usual.
This put a grin on my face listening in places. 
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

thetworegs

once I fell a sleep in a Berlin park under a tree after a few beers and was kicked awake by someone to tell me to move as a swarm of bees had started to hang in the tree. I woke to a loud buzzing above my head and needlessly to say I quickly moved away quickly and thanked the man who woke me. Luckily I've always been nice to bees so I think Karma helped and I wasn't stung so there was no revenge in this case.......always be nice to bees .....back to the track it was a buzz quite the trip

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

the physics teacher

And now for something completely different. That is great stuff you made there. It reminds me of other bands
Like Hawkwind,:Sonic attack brings me back to my youth I am a big fan of talking in music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMSnVplyTOM
I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

Ron D Bowes

I agree with Physics Teacher. Shades of Hawkwind. All I need is the LED light in the darkness and a spliiff. Cool vibe. Definitely psychedelia and strangely strange subject matter.