Back to Where I Belong

Started by Ron D Bowes, April 17, 2024, 05:09:22 PM

Ron D Bowes

Back to Where I Belong
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Down to some serious rock ;-)  This was an old song that didn't work out for me. But I liked the main riff, so I ripped out the chorus and re recorded a new one. Removed the vocals and came up with an entirely different set of lyrics and vocal melody. Added blues harp and redid the lead guitar. Now I am happy with it.

Back to Where I belong

Seen Seven Wonders of the world
I've sailed the Seven Seas
And I am cursed with second sight
I see what is to be

Won't you take me home my friend
I've been away too long
Back to where I belong

I grow weary of this wandering
Of living life this way
All the people bleed me dry
Of every word I say

I've been away too long
Back to where I belong

I tell you now to save you time
I won't reveal your fate
In the past I've often tried
It's always way too late

I've been away too long
Back to where I belong

StephenM

WHOA MAN!

This kicks ass right from the off...
wicked man... so alive... so full of life...so cocky and I like that...
swag man... the right kind.

rock on brother... rock on... bad ass.

I could do comps but why?  this is all you man... wow

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

BerryPatch

Awesome, down home rocker! The sound if that distorted harp is amazing, so authentic and wild! Real tight groove here and wicked vocals.

Ray Brookes

Classic rock from our resident classic rocker. Stellar track, Ron with all the great elements we've come to expect. Fantastic production and love that harp.
Ray Brookes

thetworegs

Nice guitars in that intro they certainly get the ooh yeahs going with that harp pleased you brought it back to life

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

I have to agree with you Ron, that main riff is brilliantly done, so infectious and catchy.
These rock songs are what you excel at. These are the sort of songs we need more of but don't hear anymore.
Great music and vocals. And the blues harp is always good.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Greeny

That main riff is dirty-gorgeous. So much swagger and attitude all over this. Love everything about it - the sort of song you want to jam along and join in with. Fantastic.

Trist

really liked that intro now that is a way to intrroduce a song wish you'd of kept that going for another bar just to milk the coolness, great harp and sounds like you worked a lot on the sound, the guitar riff is cool bit of lez zep with aht sound which appeals, catchy as always ron you always rock

Ted

Stomptastic. Grabs you from the flanger bass at the beginning, to the harmonica and guitar solos, to the heavy riffing. You own the this lane.

Quote from: Ron D Bowes on April 17, 2024, 05:09:22 PMI tell you now to save you time
I won't reveal your fate
In the past I've often tried
It's always way too late

This reminded me of something. Had to think about it. Cassandra? No. Ah! The Bruno character from Encanto. The idea that people don't handle it well when you reveal their fate.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Zoltan

It's those drum grooves and spiky leads that really do it for me. You're also consistently on fire with the harp.

The way you bring in those vocals makes you the Beetlejuice of rock!

All in all this song is a howl and a half and among your most energetic ones. Perhaps check out the sleeves for burn marks? You've clearly been walking at the crossroads.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper