Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: RIP Dickey Betts
Last post by Farrell Jackson - Today at 06:49:42 AM
Sad, sad, sad news...the guy was such a talent. He always amazed me with his tone and melodic picking speed. R.I.P. Dickey Betts.
Original Songs / Re: A Good Guy In The Movies
Last post by Farrell Jackson - Today at 06:34:51 AM
An epic song Ray! I love how the music moves through all the changes seamlessly. Your vocal work and lyrics are spectacular. The harmony guitars in the chorus are subtle but they add a lot to the soundscape and then you finish it out with some great guitar soloing. I like it all!
Cover Songs / Re: Knockin on Heaven's Door; ...
Last post by Farrell Jackson - Today at 06:24:50 AM
Well done on this song JP! I've not seen the film so thanks for posting the video with clips from the movie (I'm going to look it up). The dobro sounds excellent as does your vocals.
Original Songs / Re: What's Wrong With You?
Last post by Farrell Jackson - Today at 06:17:22 AM
A cool experiment Mike. I also hear REM's style in your vocal. The picked chords sound great and strange at the same time...off kilter but good. I like how you fit the guitar solo to match the cascading chords. It all works wonderfully!
Original Songs / Re: Yamaha Jam
Last post by karl1171 - Today at 05:12:21 AM
I think this deserved a better title than Yamaha Jam - I thought it was going to be some humdrum nonsense when saw that but its really excellent!

Great sound, composition and playing
Original Songs / Re: Hideaway (Greco & Green)
Last post by karl1171 - Today at 04:38:31 AM
Sounds good, nice production.

I like the addition of the piano and especially the strings, they sound really good.
Original Songs / Re: Nobody Knows
Last post by Ron D Bowes - Today at 04:29:59 AM
Quote from: karl1171 on Today at 02:47:12 AMIf I was to be picky I'd say the Crash cymbal seems a bit out of sync near the end... might just be me.
Good call. I did have trouble with the crash timing on the outro. It's sorted now ;-)
Original Songs / Re: Symphony of Solitude
Last post by kenny mac - Today at 04:01:24 AM
Nice but very short,would like to hear it expanded.
Nick finger picking.
Cover Songs / Re: Knockin on Heaven's Door; ...
Last post by Groundy - Today at 03:40:27 AM
Nice one, my friend, you're a star.
Cover Songs / Re: You are My Sunshine
Last post by Groundy - Today at 03:32:03 AM
Nice one pal, love it.