In a band again

Started by Pete C, June 19, 2019, 02:34:29 PM

Pete C

It's a few years since I last played in a band and as much as I enjoy recording for Songcrafters I've really missed playing with other people. Been looking at the band ads and got an audition in April for a classic Punk band whose guitarist was moving away from the area. Unfortunately, the singer also decided to call it a day so the audition was cancelled. Anyway, found another local band advertising for a second guitarist. Went for an audition this week and although they're all a bit younger than me they were happy with me so I'm now officially a member. It's a new band so we have to build up a set list.. indie and classic rock and still looking for a permanent singer. The drummer's sister is doing vocals at the moment but doesn't want to front a band but will stay on as a backing singer.
It doesn't mean goodbye to Songcrafters - I still intend posting songs (not that I post a lot). If it wasn't for Songcrafters I'd probably have lost interest in playing guitar by now - it's really kept my interest going. A great community !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

cuthbert

Congratulations, Pete! Best of luck with the new group and don't be a stranger (perhaps you could even get the group to join Soncrafters? hint, hint)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Farrell Jackson

Good for you Pete! I hope you have a lot of fun with it but don't forget your songcrafters friends. Maybe the band will record something and you can post it up here.

Cheers!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Oldrottenhead

Good luck with the band Pete.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

Brilliant news Pete, gigging is the best thing. 

Humping the gear about is the worst thing.

Packing up after the gig and driving home is the very worst thing.

Have a great time!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Groundy

Quote from: Flash Harry on June 19, 2019, 05:54:41 PMBrilliant news Pete, gigging is the best thing. 

Humping the gear about is the worst thing.

Packing up after the gig and driving home is the very worst thing.

Have a great time!
And the drunks with their free advice...

Nice one Pete, hope all turns out well...Alex.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Redler

Excellent news and congrats, Pete!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

TPB

Always good playing with other and if you click right with the other players there can be some majic music moments. Have Fun
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

T.C. Elliott

Congratz!

This hits a little bit close to home as I'm going through band withdrawals. I played a couple of open mic nights last month with mixed results. I need to do more to see if I can pull off fronting/singing.

Be sure to let us know how it is going.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London