Recent posts

Original Songs / Re: Follow the Money (The Dev...
Last post by Farrell Jackson - Today at 10:13:36 AM
A good song, recording and mix Darren and Keith! I'm hearing a little bit of Pick Floyd vibe and that is great. The big bass bottom fills out the sound nicely. Great singing and commentary in the lyrics as well!

Cover Songs / Re: "This is What you Are" by ...
Last post by Farrell Jackson - Today at 10:08:51 AM
Some cool jazzy swing is always cool to hear. Well done Alfredo and James!
Original Songs / Re: Wised-Up.
Last post by Farrell Jackson - Today at 10:06:15 AM
A good, catchy song Steve. The muted chords and the tambourine give it an appealing "chucka chucka" type of rhythm,  which is cool. Too bad that third chord reared it's head and knocked you out of the 2-Chord Fest. But there's still time to do another one. Nicely done!
Original Songs / Re: The quiet man
Last post by chapperz66 - Today at 09:28:00 AM
Great song Kenny.  Driving bass and kick so powerful, and the almost Mariachi brass is just perfect.  Vocal delivery is perfect and the signature Kenny lead marvellous!

Love it.
Original Songs / Re: Wised-Up.
Last post by chapperz66 - Today at 09:20:52 AM
Fine song Steve.  Nothing wronng with a sneaky chord rearing its head- even if it does miss the brief!

Paul
Original Songs / Wised-Up.
Last post by SteveB - Today at 08:20:38 AM
Orig was gonna be for the 2-Chord Fest, but a sneaky 3rd got in there somewhere. Basically palm-muting G Maj and an E-something to death, and then desperate stabs at the fretboard for noodling purposes. A tambourine also suffered a lot throughout. The lyric (as such), represents disillusionment.

ETA: Assembled in Cakewalk using a HB faux-Hummingbird and well-worn tamb.

Original Songs / Re: Fading Away
Last post by Ted - Today at 05:48:25 AM
The backer to this reminds me of some of ORH's lush accompaniment. Even knowing it was you, and knowing it is an instrumental, I was expecting that voice we know so well to arrive.

Really lovely playing. I'm having a difficult relationship with the internet today in Madagascar. I had to download it; it wouldn't buffer in the Songcrafters player. So this might be the only new SC song I can enjoy today. How lucky for me that it's so Songcraftery, and so sublime.
Original Songs / Re: The Factory
Last post by StephenM - Yesterday at 06:52:43 PM
Damn... ur on fire.  Maybe its the kiln.
Cover Songs / Re: "This is What you Are" by ...
Last post by StephenM - Yesterday at 04:43:47 PM
Absolutely glorious...
Original Songs / Re: Never Stop Loving You
Last post by StephenM - Yesterday at 04:39:07 PM
The intro defies what is about to transpire.
I think I'm heading toward a Fleetwood Mac ballad and then wham I hear that same sensational artist that struck me right between the eyes with "Why Oh Why"!
I am hooked yet again...this time standing in the airport lounge at Syracuse finding out my flight was delayed 5 hours. So two beers in this is especially delightful but also a real challenge to behave myself as I want to spin and twirl.. spin and twirl.  Gotta be the 8th listen and its great everytime..
I love SC!  Theres some fantastic music here..
Super recording and all your vocals are great!