Songcrafters 2.0 upgrade just in time for the 10th Anniversary

Started by 64Guitars, November 30, 2017, 03:41:16 PM

Mike_S

recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

Quote from: Mach on December 03, 2017, 11:56:29 AMOne thing I've noticed is when you click on things from the menu, top boards, drop downs, fest banners, etc. it takes you to that topic in the same tab on Firefox. If you click on topics in the Portal page (recent post on the right) it opens a new tab. Maybe it just works in that fashion. Not a biggie, just an observation.

I like to keep the portal open so I can keep coming back to it easily. So having the links open in a new tab is convenient. However, most web browsers offer shortcuts for opening links in a new tab. In Firefox, for example, you can right-click on a link and select "Open Link in New Tab" from the context menu. You can also hold down the Ctrl key while left-clicking on a link to open it in a new tab (while staying on the current tab), or hold Ctrl and Shift while left-clicking to open it in a new tab and move to that tab. Given that these browser shortcuts are available, perhaps I should make all of our links open in the same tab. You can always use a shortcut to override that behaviour, but there's no shortcut to force a link to open in the same tab when the page wants to open it in a new tab.
recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Ferryman

Scared the heck out of me when my usual link did not work! Glad to see the site is going from strength to strength as I plan to make a lot more use of the new facilities here once I retire on Feb 28th next year.

Well done 64G, keep up the good work!!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Quote from: alfstone on December 02, 2017, 05:16:14 AMIs it normal that in the "Who's Online" tab, even if I'm online (...of course...) my name doesn't appear? Before it wasn't so...

This just happened to me too. Forcing a page refresh (Ctrl-F5 in Firefox) fixed it. For other browsers, see this page.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

alfstone

Hey, 64, how do you insert a YouTube video in a message? I don't see the YouTube icon, before it was there...

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

64Guitars

Quote from: alfstone on December 04, 2017, 03:00:13 PMHey, 64, how do you insert a YouTube video in a message? I don't see the YouTube icon, before it was there...

Adding buttons above the message editor for YouTube, Vimeo, Lyrics, Song Info, etc. is one of the things on my To Do list. Until I get around to doing that, you can just type the BBcode tags in manually. For YouTube, the tags are [youtube][/youtube]. Then paste your link between the tags.

The other tags that don't yet have buttons are:

[nobbc][/nobbc]
[song][/song](song info box)
[lyrics][/lyrics]
[boobs][/boobs](for not-safe-for-workplace images)
[singlemp3]   [/singlemp3]
[soundcloud]   [/soundcloud]   

I've not yet implemented the BBcode for SoundClick, Vimeo, and Daily Motion so I didn't include those tags in the table above because they won't work yet.
recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

alfstone

Thanks. It works, I've just editied my last message, containing a YouTube video.

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Redler

I didn't notice this post earlier and I have tried to click the old bookmark every day.

Thanks 64, you've done amazing job! It's sure has been big effort! I take my hat off - the new look looks really fine!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on December 03, 2017, 11:34:01 AM
Quote from: Hook on December 03, 2017, 06:55:33 AMJust was looking at the Portal and saw the top posters...look out launched I'm coming for your spot!
I can't believe flash harry is in the top posters, slacker that he is.
I'm Slack Harry...
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Jarle

This looks good, well done 64 guitars. Thank you for all you do for us.
recorder
Boss BR-800