Songcrafters 2.0 upgrade just in time for the 10th Anniversary

Started by 64Guitars, November 30, 2017, 03:41:16 PM

bruno

Quote from: Willie on December 02, 2017, 10:54:39 AMThank you 64, another great job on the upgrade and for the first time in weeks I listened to a post all the way through on my desktop, an iMac running Safari. Strangely enough the iPad will not play all the way through running Safari but I can live with that. At last I can comment on songs listened to in entirety. Regards Willie
Yip - the new site does behave itself much, much better. Probably the driver for the upgrade. Super job 64G, u da man!
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Hook

Quote from: 64Guitars on December 02, 2017, 07:43:39 PM
Quote from: Hook on December 02, 2017, 06:41:22 PMI also want Home to be the portal...I will get through this!

I had a better idea. I've made the big yellow "Songcrafters.org" at the top-left of the page into a link to, um, songcrafters.org (the portal). Kinda makes sense, doesn't it

That's awesome brother, you do rock!

I'm finding my way around here alright this morning. I still miss the top posters, I'm close to knocking launched off the list.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Hook

Just was looking at the Portal and saw the top posters...look out launched I'm coming for your spot!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Mach

64 you have done a terrific job with the new facelift, it looks nice and tidy. Navigation will become second nature to us as we explore the new terrain. I appreciate all your hard work and send out a big THANK YOU for all you do. This must have been some task. I'm looking forward to the upgrades you mentioned in the coming weeks.

Mach 

recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Quote from: my idol is Jahia on December 03, 2017, 01:01:06 AMCongratulation to administrators for the brand new verse of songcrafters

Just    a small objection the suppretion of the horizontal lines between the messages makes that it is less easily readable ... :o

I assume you mean in the message lists?

The lines are actually still there but they were white, so they were nearly impossible to see on the light-coloured background. I've made them dark brown now which looks much better. Thanks for pointing out this oversight.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Quote from: Hook on December 03, 2017, 06:55:33 AMJust was looking at the Portal and saw the top posters...

Now expanded to include the top 15 posters instead of the former 6. And I've added the avatars.

Quotelook out launched I'm coming for your spot!

Watch out for Groundy and Redler.  :)

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Mike_S

The only small niggle I have is the Latest songs Jukebox was only one click away as it was on the old home page. This was nearly always my first stop when visiting to hear new tunes. Now its a couple of clicks away, which I am sure I will get used to, but just thought i would mention it. But apart from that... I think it all looks cool, much cleaner and simpler. I also like the fact there are more latest posts now on the home page, when you combine recent posts (forum posts) and recent song posts. So a lot of activity right in front of you.
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

Quote from: Hook on December 03, 2017, 06:55:33 AMJust was looking at the Portal and saw the top posters...look out launched I'm coming for your spot!
I can't believe flash harry is in the top posters, slacker that he is.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Mach

One thing I've noticed is when you click on things from the menu, top boards, drop downs, fest banners, etc. it takes you to that topic in the same tab on Firefox. If you click on topics in the Portal page (recent post on the right) it opens a new tab. Maybe it just works in that fashion. Not a biggie, just an observation.

Mach
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Quote from: Mike_S on December 03, 2017, 11:25:52 AMThe only small niggle I have is the Latest songs Jukebox was only one click away as it was on the old home page. This was nearly always my first stop when visiting to hear new tunes. Now its a couple of clicks away, which I am sure I will get used to, but just thought i would mention it.

Actually, it's still only one click since I changed the hamburger menu last night so that it opens when you move the mouse pointer over it - no clicking required. And when you select Jukeboxes from the menu, it defaults to the Latest Songs jukebox. So other jukeboxes require an extra click, but not the Latest Songs. Just point to the hamburger menu, click on Jukeboxes and you're there.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website