Main Menu

Recent posts

Cover Songs / Re: SPECTRAL MORNING tribute t...
Last post by Jean Pierre - Today at 01:52:09 AM
Thanks Doug

I used a midifile for the backing track but then played back the midi instruments with my own soundfonts from the Titanic soundfont base.
I put this Titanic base into SFZ which is a soundfont player
and I play the parts on an M Audio master keyboard

I just kept the drum track from the initial file

For the guitar sounds I used m telecaster Harley Benton clone in DI on Reaper via Guitar Rig 6 I also like to use the reverse take effect on Reaper
Cover Songs / Re: "This is What you Are" by ...
Last post by des0free - Today at 12:26:23 AM
Very nice!  This is just oozing talent in the guitar playing and vocals.  Hard to realize it is only 2 chords!  Nice to hear a bit of quality Jazz once in a while!  ORH's voice sounds particularly well recorded/processed here; I would be interested to know what Mic and what FX/reverb were applied?
Cover Songs / Re: Het Dorp by a Dutch actor,...
Last post by des0free - Today at 12:22:13 AM
Not too often I hear singing in Dutch, but I like it very much (although supposedly I learned a little Dutch when I was 10 years old as my family spent a year in northern Belgium).  Quite pleasant combination of piano and voice here, were they recorded together, or the piano first and voice overdubbed?
Cover Songs / Re: SPECTRAL MORNING tribute t...
Last post by des0free - Today at 12:19:05 AM
I love early Genesis, so I was interested to listen to this.  Quite interesting and enjoyable. I like your guitar work and tone and can tell you put a lot of effort into this, including the backing track!  Did you learn this "by ear", or did you find written music for it somewhere?
General Discussion / JFA drummer Mike 'Bam-Bam' Sve...
Last post by Ted - Today at 12:02:53 AM
I knew Bam Bam in high school. He was a couple years younger than me – he was a freshman when I was a senior. But we connected in art class, and talked about punk. We even jammed once. He told me that he and some friends started a band called "Jodie Foster's Army." I thought it was hilarious. I knew he was good, but I didn't know people said he was "Keith Moon" good.

Maybe I'll do JFA song when we get to our Lost in 2024 Fest. But it wouldn't seem right to do it with a drum machine.
Original Songs / Re: Someday (greco & green & f...
Last post by Ray Brookes - Yesterday at 01:48:58 PM
Lovely 1960's vibe and excellent production along with great vocals.
Original Songs / Re: (I'm Your) Forever Guy
Last post by Ray Brookes - Yesterday at 01:45:59 PM
Another cool track, Stephen. Love those guitars and great production. As Farrell says, maybe not the ideal wedding song but the sentiment is there. I agree with you about not sticking to any one genre - there are just so many influences & styles to enjoy. No-one here is looking for promotion or 'fame' - (at least I hope not) so we can all do basically whatever we please; I certainly do.
Original Songs / Re: We Can Ride the Storm
Last post by Ray Brookes - Yesterday at 01:38:20 PM
Quote from: DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee on Yesterday at 07:59:12 AMAnother cool rock track Ron. Love the trademark harp of yours. The guitar tones sound bloody great. The drums are really good too. Brilliant vocals / harmonies as usual and lyrics.

Everything Darren says. Great track, Ron.
Cover Songs / On an Island by David Gilmour ...
Last post by the physics teacher - Yesterday at 11:34:14 AM
The backingvoix is not the only thing JP did. He did 90% of the whole song I'm only in it for the lead song.
When I got the soundfile back for approval I had a big smile on my face so happy I was about the result.

I am sure Jean Pierre will explain what he did to produce this piece,ON AN ISLAND RENDER  VERSION AVEC VOICES ET RENDER ORCHESTRA DEF-001.mp3   he is a wizard. Thank you JP.
Original Songs / Quick - Get Your Pants Off!
Last post by ODH - Yesterday at 10:51:25 AM
TwoChordsFest (banner image missing)

Punk is ideal for the two chords oeuvre, right?

The guitar on this bit of nonsense is the Tokai Telecaster, two tracks. The lightning connector on my phone is broken so I have to mic my practice amp to record electric guitar (it's partly why I've done so much on the acoustic lately. Otherwise GB drums and bass. And childish vocals (no words came to me for the middle part, I decided that was kind of consistent with the subtext of the song).

Comes in at a shade under two minutes