'In Every Cell of Me' - Greeny Monday Original

Started by Greeny, April 22, 2024, 09:10:59 AM

Greeny

01_In Every Cell of Me_TIM GREEN
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Me doing my thing with a MiM Strat (the main riff needed some real low-end twang), Ibanez bass, and GB drums. No keys, and my Danelectro billionnaire trem pedal on quite a fast wobble for the main guitar part. All recorded and mixed on the MBR. I recorded this a while back but it's become a personal fave for some reason. It was a sleeper album track for a long time.

The red kite reference is about birds of prey that have taken over certain parts of the UK (especially in Bruno's neck of the woods). They are bloody huge and flock like seagulls.

Bear in mind that no-one here gets out alive
red kites fly like blood cells in the sun
in the human zoo
absorbing all your blue

through my skin and then you'll be
in every cell of me
in every cell of me

boats with ragged sails that pass through history
broadsides from the demons in our heads
in the human zoo
absorbing all your blue

in every cell of me
in every cell of me

In the human zoo
absorbing all your blue...

BerryPatch

Wicked job on those guitars here Tim. The main riff kinda reminds me of a Guided By Voices song with razor sharp words to go along with it. The solo is great too, awesome bluesy licks! Excellent song

Trist

excellent production on this, sounds so loud and rocking, the guitars ring through the mix real well with a great sound and groove, vocals are class, liked the dark poetic lyrics, its a cool rock song with a good rhythm and style througout.  wish was longer

Ray Brookes

Cool song, Tim. Some fantastic lyrical lines in there and that guitar work sounds great. As always excellent vocals and stellar production.
Ray Brookes

Pete C

lovely guitars and a great bass line holding it up. all in all a cracker !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

ODH

Power and control, with grit to taste. Nice one, Tim
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

chapperz66

Great song.  The mix has real punch yet clarity.  I can see why this is a personal favourite.

Red kite numbers appear pretty high in my neck of the woods too.  The local crow and magpie residents don't appear too keen.  The crows in particular like to harry them away.  It's a bit like a battle of Britain dogfight on occasion.

kenny mac

This is excellent  ,its got a 60s vibe to it.
Love the guitar effects ,great solo.
Lyrics are top notch as we'll topped of with a crystal clear vocal.
Nice one.

Blooby

You are proof-positive that you don't need anything beyond an MBR to record stellar music. The tremolo was a great choice. Perfect solo for this tune, and I always love your bass playing.

Blooby

tolga

it is always a pleasure to listen Greeny's work. great listen.
Tolga
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Yamaha Pacifica 112VM

Fender Squire