Honky Tonk Women

Started by Ron D Bowes, April 21, 2024, 04:35:36 AM

Ron D Bowes

honky tonk women
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I found some old (and I thought lost) music files linked to my DAW before I upgraded, which is why they didn't show up in the new set up. Found an old take on Honkey Tonk Women. So, I spruced it up with new vocals and lead and remixed it. Hope you enjoy.

Ray Brookes

You're a Rolling Stone at heart, Ron Love this cover, what a great groove and all those guitars - fantastic.
Ray Brookes

Blooby

Now that's greasy. Loved it.

Blooby

StephenM

a perfect fit for you Ron... it seems slowed down... not sure if it is... but I like the way you make this tempo fit you.

I always love this song when I hear it.
great cover

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

BerryPatch

Raunchy take on a Stones classic! Love the guitar here and the vocals are stellar, I really dig those harmonies. Cool major key solo action as well, definitely has a Mick Taylor vibe.

Trist

you got a real in the pocket groove with this one, so much different to the cover i do of this lol  this has that deep inside sleazy swampy sound , its really cool,. same song but different enough to be cool with its deep down sound and the solo is nice work , you should be on their new tour it starts soon,

ODH

Oh yeah! Gritty feel and authentic performance.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Pete C

recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

the physics teacher

I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

Zoltan

That's what i call laying back on the beat! Such a greasy cover. For some reason it brought images of 1800s era cathouses to mind. Whiskey and women, but of certain era. I'm sure Keith was already there at that time...

Another fine cover from Ron done in a style that suits you so well.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper