Stella's Aunt

Started by Ron D Bowes, April 14, 2024, 04:52:59 AM

Ron D Bowes

Stella's Aunt
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I wrote this song for a competition quite a few years ago. I never win these comps and this was no exception, though it did get an honorary mention. Anyway, I never released it as a single or on album. Then I remixed and mastered for release and still didn't! Farrell Jackson really likes this track and suggested I release the damn thing LOL. So, I have re-recorded sections, edited a tweak or two and remixed and mastered it. It will now go on the next album.

STELLA'S AUNT

There's a girl called Stella goes to my school
Pretty as a picture on the shelf
I've been going out for weeks with Stella
She doesn't know that I love someone else

I'm in love with Stella's Aunt
I wanna touch her, she says I can't
Wanna make love....
To Stella's Aunt

The other night I went around to her place
To sneak a glimpse of stocking or her thigh
She opened up the door dressed in her nighty
My temperature just shot up through the sky

Wanna make love....
To Stella's Aunt

It's the same old story over again
Love is blind, love is insane
Stella's Aunt is the woman for me
I'm the one for her, why can't she see?

Stella's Aunt said she would see me later
For a drink and then walk round the bay
She says she's old enough to be my Mother
But what the hell, who cares what people say?

Wanna make love....
To Stella's Aunt

Trist

Rings a bell this one Ron, catchy and witty lyrics, cool groove and a enjoyable fun rock song. stella is hot and the track is cookin

Farrell Jackson

I like everything about this song, as you know Ron. It has infectious hooks from the start to the finish. Great vocals and guitar work, especially those octave riffs! 
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

StephenM

reminds me of the great "Midnight Oil".... what a killer sound Ron Bowes...
I wanna touch her... she says I can't..
classic...
yeah... I bet she is hot.

rooster is crowing.

oh do I detect voyeurism?  dang right...

I was at the gym this morning... I was on a treadmill looking out the window at a green grass, and lovely blue sky... just then this really not 30 something lady came into prominence through the window view.  She had some really tight work out clothes on... and started stretching  and man I started stretching.  I thought damn... it's early sunday, almost no one here, and there she appears out of nowhere...she was gone in 30 seconds.... it was over for me in 15.  damn life is good.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ray Brookes

Love that riff played in octaves, Ron and another cool rocker from the Ron D Bowes stable.
Ray Brookes

Mike_S

Quote from: StephenM on April 14, 2024, 10:13:37 AMreminds me of the great "Midnight Oil".... what a killer sound Ron Bowes...
I wanna touch her... she says I can't..
classic...
yeah... I bet she is hot.

rooster is crowing.

oh do I detect voyeurism?  dang right...

I was at the gym this morning... I was on a treadmill looking out the window at a green grass, and lovely blue sky... just then this really not 30 something lady came into prominence through the window view.  She had some really tight work out clothes on... and started stretching  and man I started stretching.  I thought damn... it's early sunday, almost no one here, and there she appears out of nowhere...she was gone in 30 seconds.... it was over for me in 15.  damn life is good.

Your comments are great sometimes Steve  ;D

This is quality Ron. Tell the truth you got my imagination running wild here. I really would quite like to see this lady too! :)

The tune matches the quality of the lady in the song too. It's a proper corker. So well put together. Those brief twin lead motif lines are killer, get a slight touch of Wishbone Ash in those. But yeah, top tune Ron.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Catchy as f*ck, and rattles along with a nice confident swagger. Really tidily produced too - everything in its right place. A very, very cool song and performance!

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Brilliant rock song Ron, with a 60's vibe to it. I really like the guitar Melodie's and riffs. Cool delivery and lyrics. Stella's aunt sounds like woman.  ;)
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

thetworegs

At least it's not her mother  :D  infectious groove

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Blooby

My favorite bit was the Girl from Ipanema-like "oooh" after the mention of the stocking or her thigh. This Stella...I believe I know her.

Love the post.

I feel compelled to mention that my favorite Mrs. Robinson-type song is Helen of Troy, Pennsylvania by Darrell Scott. Quite a fun listen and worth checking out. Guaranteed to make a man smile.

Blooby