Wicked Slave

Started by StephenM, April 11, 2024, 04:48:46 PM

StephenM

Wicked Slave
Time:
0:00
Volume:
A soundman production.  The Zoom L-20 going live.  It feels like the guitars are sparking between each other even though there is only 1 guitar on this.  I am using every trick in the very thin book I know on the mix and production.  Mostly though, old fashion mixing board trickery while the band is playing.  sound guys matter.  rock on sound people.

Prepare for war.  Settle that score.  Wicked soul!
You must learn, the hell you'll pay.  For ignorance of my cow bell hell!
Wicked Slave.  You will pay.
Wicked Slave.  You will play.
Wicked Slave.  You will pay.
Beat it in your head.  It will turn your hair red.
Metronome gotta face all it's own.
Metronome gotta beat all it's own.
Now it owns you. 
Now it owns you. 
Get in time.  Your timing ain't worth a dime.
Get in line.  Receive the thrashing.
Get in line.  You'll get the lashing.
Then the final torture.  Is Hillary Clinton's tongue.
Thrashing about in your mouth.  In your mouth.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

chapperz66

Wild as ever!  Love it.  Cow bell hell - there's plenty of worse things I can imagine  :) .

Paul

TPB

The hardest thing for me to mix is heavy guitars never sound right yours sounds good and the vocal is out in front where it should be nice job
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Farrell Jackson

This is cool mix Stephen! The vocal clarity is some of your best. I can understand every word. The heavy guitar is distorted, as it should be, but it doesn't get lost in the mix. All this points to a great mix! 
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

the physics teacher

Haha the torture never stops. Enjoyed listening to your arrangement. It was no torture.
I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

Zoltan

I thought you were singing about me. I've felt like a slave of my own making. The stuff that i own owns me. It's driving me nuts.

Stephen goes 70s doom metal and everyone is liking it. Me included. Let's give a round of applause to the mighty S!

Weirdly enough. This is the OTHER genre i've been thinking of lately.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

BerryPatch

Like a old school 70s jam band feel here! Awesome drumming and I love the cow bell here too  ;)

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Brilliant as ever Stephen. The lyrics and vocals are what I always enjoy hearing. But your music is always great and imaginative. This has a great metal vibe to it. Nice cowbell too haha.
The effect on vocals I love, the heavy guitars sound great in the mix, drums are really good.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Ray Brookes

Epic track and intense in its presentation. That guitar work - great sound.

"Then the final torture is Hillary Clinton's tongue.
Thrashing about in your mouth."

Jeez, what a line and what an image.
Ray Brookes