Going Nowhere by Oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, April 02, 2024, 01:14:56 PM

Oldrottenhead

Going Nowhere
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Wrote this at the weekend, did a video demo afore i forgot how it went. https://www.facebook.com/james.higgins.986/videos/1616873352414615
Was initially trying for a two chord song for the festival but i ended up using four chords for this one. My middle finger is still a bit tender after a footballing accident, so i played some two fingered power chords with no need for said finger.

Today i got out the macbook, tele, 12 string and bass and had another go at it.
It is what it is.
And I don't know
Which way to turn
Too much to chose
So much to learn
I guess I'll have to
Make a move
Going nowhere
Standing still
I greet the day
Bow to the sun
Wipe the sleep
From bleary eyes
I guess I'll have to
Make a move
Going nowhere
Standing still
I need to find direction
Get back on the road
i need to be the pilot
take back control
Going Nowhere
W/M
by
Oldrottenhead
Fender Telecaster
HB 12 String
HB Jazz bass
Iphone soft Synth
Garageband Drums
Vocals
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Blooby

I am a sucker for those ethereal vocals floating over the droney strumming. You have a cool thing going, my friend. The lyrics resonated with me as well.

A lovely post.

Blooby

Ted

I love songs where the character is on the verge of an uncomfortable decision. Songs like this are so much more emotionally rich than songs where the character is entirely one thing (in love, resolute, hateful, joyful, etc.). Dramatic tension such as this pulls the listener into the song, where you sometimes want to nudge the character in one direction or another. Well done, ORH.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Greeny

I like the way the drums give motion and impetus to the dreamy guitars. It finished too fast for me though - was really getting into it when it made the decision to 'go'. Although this is a fitting end to the story of the indecisive protagonist.

Really nicely written, performed and produced. Lots of great choices in here.

Mike_S

Beautiful, really beautiful. I love everything about this. All choices compliment the lyric and the sentiment. Strange thought occured, I thought for a split second here and there I could hear a distant clarinet trying to creep in but it's just some soft resonating guitar I think.

Anyway thank you, great tune, another download.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SE

Defo your back on the road after your injury, this is the orh  I'm accustomed too, cool work!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Ray Brookes

Very nice song, emotive and kind of atmospheric. Nicely produced and recorded.
Ray Brookes

kenny mac

I like this .
The lyrics are the star for me.
Thought provoking .
Nice one james.

SE

Back for some more, classic orh ethereal with cool lyrics!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

godinqc

Nicely done .. great vocals and lyrics
Great job
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800