Just for Fun - An acoustic "Pleasant Valley Sunday" by The Monkess

Started by Blooby, October 22, 2011, 04:33:35 PM

Blooby

Pleasant Valley Sunday
Time:
0:00
Volume:
LitLR (banner image missing)

Played some music for the first time in ages. John came over, and I could barely remember any of the songs we used to play (That's being kind).  We managed to get through three others (sort of). Thought I'd post for the novelty aspect of the tune. Still LITLR.

Blooby

SE

No novelty aspect for me, this is just pure class, guitar and vox are just suited perfectly, really top listen will be back for more definitely.
recorder
Boss BR-80

64Guitars

Love it!

The Monkees don't get taken seriously because of the goofy personas and TV show but they actually had some great songs, this being one of them. Of course, most of their songs were written by well-known professional songwriters (Pleasant Valley Sunday was written by Carole King and Gerry Goffin).

We should have a MonkeesFest. I'd love to hear some more Monkees songs covered by our members.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

andy casson

wow, great cover, excellent vocals and really nice job on the guitar! And I like the monkees, 4 very clever guys

great stuff!
andy

hooper

Quote from: 64Guitars on October 22, 2011, 08:23:32 PMOf course, most of their songs were written by well-known professional songwriters (Pleasant Valley Sunday was written by Carole King and Gerry Goffin).

Right!
Also interesting to note: Pleasant Valley Sunday is on Carol King live CD that came just a couple of years ago called: Live In My Living Room  

Great Live in the living room/ Singer songwriter cover, Blooby... a fresh rendering very clearly sung and played.  
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

64Guitars

Quote from: Blooby on October 22, 2011, 04:33:35 PMStill LITLR.

Quote from: hooper on October 23, 2011, 04:30:46 PMPleasant Valley Sunday is on Carol King live CD that came just a couple of years ago called: Live In My Living Room 

Great Live in the living room/ Singer songwriter cover, Blooby... a fresh rendering very clearly sung and played.

Oops! I was so blown away by this wonderful recording that I forgot to add it to the Live in the Living Room jukebox. But it's there now. Sorry for the oversight.

Thanks for the hint hooper. Our Singer-Songwriter fests haven't yet included Carole King, but that's a definite possibility in the future. And The Monkees will definitely be one of the choices on our next festival poll which I'll put up in a couple of days.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Flash Harry

Whoar! 

Strong stuff, it's a fantastic version Blooby! Great playing and singing. Superb!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann