Firmware Update (version 1.04) for Micro BR

Started by 64Guitars, July 06, 2009, 10:14:08 PM

Ted

From Roland:

QuoteThe update improves how data is written to some types of SD memory cards that would otherwise give a write error.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

launched

Quote from: Ted on July 30, 2009, 11:54:46 AMFrom Roland:

QuoteThe update improves how data is written to some types of SD memory cards that would otherwise give a write error.

I have write error problems with Kingston and SanDisk, which I am confident is not one of the cards in question. Is that ALL they put in the 1.04 update????
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Quote from: Ted on July 07, 2009, 12:03:08 PM
Quote from: launched on July 07, 2009, 11:40:59 AM1.03 - So who's the guinea pig that's gonna try it first?

Nicht ich.
hi Ted will pls let me know how to upgrade to new firmware ,i have the file , but don,t know how to upload it to Micro BR
THANKS

64Guitars

This is based on a Google translation of the German instructions. Use at your own risk (or wait until Roland releases the English instructions).

• Switch off the Micro BR. Switch it back on while simultaneously pressing the cursor left and right buttons. The current version number will be displayed. If it's already 1.04, you don't need to update.
  • If you have any User patches you want to keep, copy them to the Song patch bank.
  • Backup the memory card.
  • Copy all four update files (MBRSYS00.BIN, MBR_V000.BIN, MBRWAV00.BIN, and UPDINFO2.BR1) to the root directory of the Micro BR memory card.
  • Switch off the Micro BR. Switch it back on while simultaneously pressing the [STOP] and [REC] buttons.
  • When the display shows "Exe update? W / upd", press [TR4] twice to start the update. It will take some time. Do not interrupt the process. Doing so could make your Micro BR unusable.
  • When the display shows "Finished [PWR]", you can reset the Micro BR by switching it off then back on.

The update is now complete and your Micro BR should work normally. You can now delete the four update files from the memory card as they are no longer needed. You can also restore your backup, if necessary, and copy your user patches back from the Song bank to the User bank.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

launched

Thanks for posting directions for this 64G's. Has anybody tried it yet?

However, it does seem like a risk to just make third world cards work better. From what Ted posted earlier, that's all the update does, I guess.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

SteveG

Think I will wait for someone else to go first. Volunteers?

cuthbert

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

64Guitars

torben has updated his Micro BR to version 1.04 and reports that it fixed the write errors he was getting with his two Transcend 1GB SD cards, model TS1GSDC.

See https://songcrafters.org/community/micro-br/transcend-sd-card-and-firmware-v1-4/msg49135/#msg49135

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH!!!!!!!

Update works perfectly!!! The instructions you provided were EXACT and ACCURATE!!!

This little unit is my workhorse, for writing, scratch recording and performance practice. I hardly go a day without touching it... absolutely amazing... but I've gotten write errors on every single card I've ever used (MANY different brands), and it was highly annoying. I was version 1.01 and feeling the need for SOME kind of update.

THANKS AGAIN!!! YOU ROCK SO HARD, 64Guitars!!!!!!!!

SteveG

I may have to do this ... just lost 3 hrs work to a card crash :(

Will report back of course if I take the plunge....