Firmware Update (version 1.04) for Micro BR

Started by 64Guitars, July 06, 2009, 10:14:08 PM

64Guitars

Roland Germany has just uploaded a firmware update (version 1.04) for the Micro BR. None of the other Roland/Boss sites seem to have it yet. Maybe they're waiting for the NAMM show to announce it. Or maybe they're just slow at updating their websites.

http://www.rolandmusik.de/downloads/updates/index.php

They don't say what changes or improvements the update makes to the Micro BR but I suspect that it will mainly be for improved memory card compatibility (fewer card errors).

To find out which version is currently in your Micro BR, turn the power on while holding down the CURSOR < and > buttons. The version number will appear in the display. To resume using your Micro BR, turn it off, wait a couple of seconds, then turn it back on.

Does anyone have anything other than version 1.00?  Just curious.

Update: Ted contacted Roland and was told that "The update improves how data is written to some types of SD memory cards that would otherwise give a write error". And torben updated his Micro BR to version 1.04 and reports that it fixed the write errors he was getting with his two Transcend 1GB SD cards, model TS1GSDC.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Ted

I have version 1.03

I bought mine used on eBay last March, so I don't know how old it really is.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

64Guitars

I just had a browse through the update data files and noticed that preset patch GT52 "St Metal" has been renamed to "StMetal2". All of the other preset patch names are the same. What is preset patch GT52 called in version 1.03?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Ted

Quote from: 64Guitars on July 06, 2009, 11:14:25 PMWhat is preset patch GT52 called in version 1.03?
GT52 is also called "StMetal2" in 1.03.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Greeny

Damn... I got excited for a minute. I thought there was a whole new load of patches and rhythm patterns coming!

Ferryman

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bro

If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

guitarron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

1.03 - So who's the guinea pig that's gonna try it first?
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover