Only Time-by John B.

Started by Johnbee, May 13, 2010, 12:25:45 AM

Geir

Well bumped mr.J.

Can't believe I missed this first time around (I practically lived here back then)

Excited to hear it now, as it's a really strong song. But I must say, tho it's not bad, your productions have gotten quite a bit better :)

Anyway, very nice listen. You are a great songwriter
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Johnbee

Quote from: Geir on November 30, 2023, 05:20:18 PMWell bumped mr.J.

Can't believe I missed this first time around (I practically lived here back then)

Excited to hear it now, as it's a really strong song. But I must say, tho it's not bad, your productions have gotten quite a bit better :)

Anyway, very nice listen. You are a great songwriter

Thanks Farrell & Geir.  This always has been one of my own favorites too.  I recently remade it this past summer.  It's (so far) the only one of my tunes I did this with and it does sound much better.
https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=33939.0

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Zoltan

Mr. Farrell did just the thing that i thought of doing!

Getting back to te beginning and hearing the "origins" of JohnBee.

Yamaha DX7, Wurlitzer, Rhodes. Ooh. Those words hit the spot! I don't personally like modern synths, or keyboards etc. and if i do like them... I like them to mimic the sounds of these old classic. Sorry that's the rules. I didn't make them (or maybe i just did).

Anyway this has all the landmark JohnBee moves so we're really far from the real beginnings. The sounds here are really great and the same applies to the vocals. The backing vocal production was also spot on. I would in fact call this "beginning" song as one of the more commercial soundign songs of JohnBee.

That "Panflute" type of sound could have sounded cheesy, but works great here.

JohnBee hinted at it earlier, but for some reason i thought JohnBee more as a jazz / keyboards guy and not as much a synth guy. But seems like he's both!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

A great song that deals with a difficult situation.
The music is lovely and the performance and vocals are just great.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.