The One You Left

Started by Zoltan, December 06, 2023, 11:11:15 AM

Zoltan

That One You Left (Leftover demo, 192kbs) v1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
TheOneYouLeft.jpg

I know i've said this before, but THIS IS NOT A SONG (yet) and i've also said THIS IS NOT A MIX (yet) and i'm totally honest on both accounts. I mean i've said it and it's not a song/mix yet. It can only get better.

I'm putting it here to hang in hopes of finishing it. Otherwise it will haunt me forever here (or i just forget that i posted it here and everything is ok!).

I had to render this down to 192kbs (GASP!) because it's unnecessarily long. I just wanted to document all the grisly details in this first version. What you're hearing is a continuation of the confessional (!) songs started by Lobotomy Frankie. Our "hero" has grown up a bit and found other interests than Battle Beasts and thieving little girls.

The genesis of the song was such:
- ODH does that "This is not Disco" song
- my brain melts and i stop working on that yet to be announced biker/metal/jazz/funk/folk song
- i want to bring DANGER back into DANCE POP
- enter the sounds from Yamaha Corporation (DX7 and RX5*)
- a few bars worth of material
- give the idiot a microphone and "confess" something. potentially damning evidence

(* I was lazy. Instead of connecting the real thing i just used samples from it.

The bass and drum tracks are programmed. Everything else is LIVE. On top of that everything is live and improvised. No second takes. And for those who have once, or twice asked for more solos. This one has borderline endless synth "solo" where i just keep on changing sounds while playing. Ask no more and you shall receive!

What about the lyrics? I'll get to that in a bit. What about the vocals? They're improvised based on that said "confession". Two tracks in all their glory. No EQ no treatment. Yet! What about the arrangement? What about it? There's none. Yet!

Oh, and to tell you the truth. I spent a lot more time doing that weird picture disc LP t-shirt mockup than i spent doing the song. Sometimes things go like this. You can't force things, or the force gets weak...

The One You Left

CH:
I still regret
That hamburger that you left
It was too much for you babe
You we're too little for me babe

You came to see me
I could have done it to you
Where used to be a kiss
I surely missed

Faded jeans receding hairline
All womens dream?
Sure buddy

I must confess too
It was kinda asshole move

CH:
I still regret
That hamburger that you left
It was too much for you babe
I was too much for you babe
You were too much for me

Babe... Where are you going?

Could you be my princess?
I don't think so

Walking in circles
Dancing in the snow
I see them children
I'm happy they're not mine
I see them children
That could never be you and me

Then there's some adlibbed stuff. Some of which might get me cancelled. Luckily i didn't sing them myself as i got Louis Armstrongs second cousin Ted III from his mothers sister side to sing those parts.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Ray Brookes

So, are you gonna finish it? Certainly a good basis there to develop this song that is not a song and a mix that is not a mix (yet). The lyrics are deep - so deep I don't get them, Zoltan.
Ray Brookes

Johnbee

How could you regret a hamburger?!  Put it a bun with some cheese and ketchup and mayo and a tomato slice and you have a real treat.  ;)

I don't know what the plans you have for the future of this, but the music is great.  I just wish I knew how somebody could regret a hamburger.  Now I feel the need to hit the Arches for a Big Mac. !@013

;) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Zoltan

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Johnbee

Quote from: Zoltan on December 06, 2023, 01:32:46 PMIt's a song about a date  ;D
Oh.  OK!  So you took her to Burger King? 
 ;)

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

StephenM

I love this... I think the funny part would be if you ate the rest of the hamburger that she left...
I was cracking up through the whole song...but especially the crazy tshirt design...

also this got me going "- give the idiot a microphone and "confess" something. potentially damning evidence"

once again I confess I really like your voice.  and the other Ted too

could defo have a massive EVH type of breakdown sort of like "Eat It" did...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Bluesberry

Nile Rodgers would be proud of this one...stabby and groovy in all the right places...Maybe Madonna is looking for a new hit and may be interested to offer you big cash for your troubles

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

Quote from: Bluesberry on December 07, 2023, 01:45:44 PMNile Rodgers would be proud of this one...stabby and groovy in all the right places...Maybe Madonna is looking for a new hit and may be interested to offer you big cash for your troubles

I like Blues Madonna thought... and maybe Taylor wants to go for person of the universe next and could use you as a keyboard...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner