Smooth/All That I Know-Original

Started by Johnbee, December 04, 2023, 05:37:04 PM

Bluesberry

Yup, a real good one...or is that two.....it's a slice of jazz//prog/pop perfection...I'm sitting in my chair, looking out the window at the newly fallen snow.......and feeling very mellowed by the greatness of this wonderful song....wonderful from start to finish

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ray Brookes

Beautiful music, John. Captivating melodies and interesting arrangements.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

Quote from: Zoltan on December 05, 2023, 07:02:28 AMThe day has taken its toll on me. I came here just to get some of my energy back, but this really needs to be heard while wearing headphones. Preferably when walking outside.

I shall revisit this one :)

Lately my walks have been shared with either The Alan Parsons Project and/or JohnBee.

Alan Parsons Project is a personal favorite of mine....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

It sucks

that I can't figure out how to talk about this song....  I did really enjoy the lyrics just as a read.  I can relate.

Being an emotive person, as I am, is not easy.  There are many rewards though... and the song describes some of those... and also the ease at which we fall into the seeming grievances with things that don't go as we wish...

overall, the track has a wonderful and lovely feel... when delved into deeper it is a melancholic journey into the uncomfortable subject of feeling alone.... sometimes I am alone and feel like perfect... other times I am with a thousand people and feel alone... truthfully, these days I like being alone... and people don't like that... but I do...

I appreciate this site and songs like this John.... we connect from a very different places... even thousands of miles... that is special... thank you for letting me in there! 
Merry Christmas! 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Pete C

Two well composed pieces of music - a nice mellow sound that takes me back to my younger days.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Johnbee

Wow! You guys are all so great!  I appreciate your listening and feedback.
I plan on reviewing more of your tunes a little later but I just wanted to duck in and tell you all how grateful I am for your kind words.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

thetworegs

Well constructed and performed with a lovely melody 

If Life is a dream then use your imagination