Self Sacrifice

Started by thetworegs, December 02, 2023, 08:20:54 AM

thetworegs

Self Sacrifice
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I went for a cold dip in the local reservoir with the wife to try and find lifes elixir , I think I found  a little, it did feel good afterwards, not so good getting in the air temp was -1c but  hey you just have to over come these things, if you want to find or feel the good things.....
I recorded the Gibson acoustic (As the battery has died on the pickup and I can't be arsed to change it yet) with my Neuman TLM 103 mic also the vocal and using the m-audio keystation 88 with Logics acoustic piano Hall for the keys ...I still can't get the perfect sound on the vocal as I would like it but I'm sure its me and not the mic anyway thanks for listening
The cold water will cleanse  the mind
But to the body it feels unkind
Dipping your toe in through the ice
You enter a world of self sacrifice

To lead that life that is right
You can waste a life time to the fight
failures break down the will
Then theres that duty in you to for-fill

Dip your toe
And enter that world of sacrifice

Break

You know what it is you need to do
You need to fight the fight an win the coup
Gain control back  of your mind
And start to truly feel alive

Dip your toe into the ice
And enter that world of self sacrifice

Break

And enter that world of self sacrifice

This is the road of transition
the mighty cost of admission
To that life that you want
And enter the world of self sacrifice

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Geir

I do like the occasional dip in a hole in the ice, and I like what it has inspired here.

The vocals sounds great. On cans the guitar is a bit boomy, I think I'd try a high pass filter to get rid of the lowest frequencies, but hey this is just nitpicking
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

thetworegs

Thanks for the advice Geir I used your advice and remixed using the AuBandpass in logic I believe i've got rid of that boom now and improved the clearness of the vocal and guitar also adding a little more reverb as well

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

kenny mac

Excellent acoustic sound.
Also I think the vocal is crystal clear as well,getting a johnny cash vibe from this.
I don't believe I'll ever go cold water swimming,or dipping  unless in fuerteventura, the pools there are bloody freezing.
Excellent job mate.

Pete C

An interesting subject for a song...you wouldn't get me swimming in icy water though. The guitar sounds great and I really liked the acoustic solo.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

I've heard that cold water is invigorating and good for everyday well being, but I don't think a herd of wild horses would drag me to a river especially in the winter.
Really enjoyed the listen.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

hardlock

A fine moody tune. Tones sound good to me. 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure