Grunge Prog (I think it's a thing) (Instru mental)

Started by StephenM, November 29, 2023, 12:43:55 PM

StephenM

Nov 28 2023
Time:
0:00
Volume:
more craziness

Harley Benton PRS Copy with Boss ME-25 (1 rhythm, 1 lead)
Shecter Bass
Tama drums

recorded on Zoom L-20
mixed on Audacity using WAV CLA plugs
and Masterdesk True Peak Mastering

low budget player, low budget recording

bwahahahNov 28  2023.mp3

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

TPB

What you need with this song is a video with the old 60's psychedelic colors floating by and you floating in and out of the scene. I can always tell you madness in music
Great job
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Geir

Nice!!

Some really cool licks in there, some a bit Zappaesque, some a tad oriental and some just pure rock'n'roll.

Very cool
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

thetworegs

Straight into the madness like opening the door to your mind and falling straight in.....intense with an Arabian  atmosphere playing through the guitar  with that relentless beat...good one Steve

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Zoltan

Quote from: TPB on November 30, 2023, 06:03:34 AMWhat you need with this song is a video with the old 60's psychedelic colors floating by and you floating in and out of the scene

That's way out of the production budget. I know how we can do it cheaper.

First we'll take a few plastic bags and tape them on the floor. Then we'll spill a few gallons of milk on the floor.

Stephen paints his face with different bright colors and enters the scene. After getting down on the floor he assumes the Superman position (He only needs to hold the position as long as the song plays. Let's hope he's done his sit ups).

Camera ACTION! Outside of the scene someone gives Stephen a spin and he'll start spinning on the floor.

We could perhaps also use feathers and a blower to simulate the clouds.

Now that i've heard this track for several times i'm getting those Arabian vibes too.
I don't think we'll have enough dough for a camel. Will a cow do?

Great trippy playing btw :)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

I love your crazy songs haha.
This is brilliant improvisation stuff Stephen. The guitar riffs sound awesome and like their pulled straight from the 60's psychedelic era.
Nice percussion too.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Ray Brookes

Your guitar work here, Stephen reminds me a little of Frank Zappa and this freaky psychedelic track grounded by that solid beat works just great.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

This is one I likely should not have posted but I will say that using stuff like this as practice really does work as I cover an awful lot of ground on the various instruments in one setting... kind of a condensed practice sessions with limited time... but I need to hit the trash button more... I have started to lately though.  believe it or not.

also Merry Christmas to all and thanks for spending time listening to my craziness!  Blessings to all!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

BerryPatch

Great guitar freakout! It's interesting how the lead and the music sound so cool together. It's like some deep, modal playing! Wicked instrumental, late 60s style!

ODH

That HB sounds great.

There are few things in life better than just freaking out in a rock guitar and all the better for know knowing that not many others can and that no one else can do it like you can. And that's infectious; I feel the same pleasure you felt.

And I'm still smiling.

Cheers
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter