Waterfall (instrumental)

Started by karl1171, November 29, 2023, 08:59:54 AM

karl1171

Waterfall Short v2 160
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Instr2023 (banner image missing)

This has been hanging around for a few months. I'd originally intended recording it as a song, I only got as far as writing about 2 lines of lyrics eventually deciding I prefer it as an instrumental.

Also tried organ, percussion and different synth in the mix before going for this final version - they just weren't right.

The 'short' in the file name is opposed to the original version which had an extra chorus at the end, which just wasn't necessary, but there in case I felt the need to do a  solo over one of them had it got lyrics!

Geir

This sounds epic. Like it could have been in an 80s movie

Great production as well
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

thetworegs

I agree could quite easily be from a movie good one Karl

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

StephenM

The guitar reminds me of some of Steve Lukather's work in the band Toto... for me I would prefer the guitar higher in the mix but that is simply the preference of the producer... The song is very nice... I really like the piano work...

I see how this could work with vocals though...nice track!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ray Brookes

This is a great soundtrack, Karl - perfectly suited for a movie. Very nicely produced & arranged.
Ray Brookes

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

hardlock

Very good instrumental. Sound track material for sure - lots of feel, good vibes and everything need to grab you and keep you interested! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

TPB

Always appreciate great Key board work and yes definite movie track material
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Farrell Jackson

An excellent soundtrack Karl. The piano with the muted guitar picking in the background sounds great. A real fine instrumental!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

chapperz66

Really cool piece, Karl.  Classy stuff throughout, but I'm particularly fond of the muted guitar arpeggio motif.

Paul