Love Bite

Started by Ron D Bowes, November 27, 2023, 08:19:32 AM

Ron D Bowes

Love Bite
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I have a liking for Vampire stories and films and I have written a few vampire songs. This is the latest.

All guitar parts using "Sally" my custom hand built strat style guitar - lead solos throu vista amp plug in. Benson Music Man bass - through distortion pedal. Verse vocal through same pedal.

LOVE BITE

Darkness falls like a curtain
The smell of blood is in the air
You can run but it's for certain
I'll soon drag you to my lair

Listen to the music
Of the children of the night
Eternal life, you can't refuse it
So I will give you my love bite

I can hear your pounding heartbeat
I can smell your growing fear
But I can promise you I'll be discrete
No one will know that I've been here

Listen to the music
Of the children of the night
Eternal life, you can't refuse it
So I will give you my love bite

We can rule this place together
You can be my undead queen
Dress you up in lace and leather
Taste the blood, lick it clean

Blooby

Has the same menace as John Campbell (That song "Tiny Coffin" still freaks me out a bit). I really dug this...the slide, the muddy bass, the distorted vocal, killer lead and lead tone in a cool tune.

Just killer.

Blooby

TPB

Man I can see the vampires coming out of the wood work way to set a mood. Little children would be scared just listening to the intro
Well done
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Farrell Jackson

A cool use of the distortion effect on the bass and verses vocal. It gives the song that down and dirty, creepy feel. A super lead guitar solo. A good story line and vocals. I also like vampire inspired songs. Well done Ron! 
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ray Brookes

What a great groove and that effect on your vocal reminds me of Marilyn Manson somehow. Cool guitar work, Ron and great tones along with excellent drum programming.
Ray Brookes

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Sally's sounding great Ron. This is a " frightenly" good rock song  :)  scary vocal delivery with that effect. Yeah a bit of a Marilyn Manson vibe. It's really cool. Great vocals and catchy melody.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

StephenM

this be dark and scary... and like a monster coming after me... mommy,mommy, help me.... scary monster coming for me....

killer slide playing brings this back toward sanity... that bass.... whoa!

nice vocals

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

There's that swampy Ron vibe to this. The vocal production sounds even better with headphones.

I didn't get any Marilyn Manson vibe to it at first, but there's a hint of that in the distorted vocals (verses) and some parts of the bassline too.

The soloing almost goes towards alternative (tourniquet) until it becomes more rocking.

Another cool song from the resident rocker.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Johnbee

Now, this is vampire.  Great.  Scary and creepy!  Love the vocal distortion.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Bluesberry

Swampy groove.....very delightful guitars working hard to slay those beasts of the night

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand