Hobo Blues II (Darren Gibbons and Stephen Moore) (Zoltan Production and lead guitar)

Started by StephenM, November 19, 2023, 03:41:10 PM

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Whoa..that's a brilliant addition Zoltan, Stephen said you were doing a lead solo but that's brilliant. Thanks mate.
I get what you were trying to do like you said in your notes, the solo does have that 80's riff that was in the Rap songs. It really fits in with the backing too. It makes the song even better.

An unfinished idea I was going to throw away probably..getting this attention is great. Thanks again Stephen and Zoltan.  :)

I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Geir

I must have listened to this umpteen times already and I was quite sure I'd commented, but I guess not::)

This is really cool. Cool vocals and some really hot licks!

Quote from: Blooby on November 28, 2023, 07:03:13 AMThat is some tasty playing on top of a smorgasbord of ideas.
I quite agree tho I'm pretty sure it's pronounced Smörgåsbord (I have no idea if the umlaut and the ring will show but it's worth a try to educate the non-Scandinavian speaking public about the nuances of our languages  ::) )
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

Roll another fatty....indeed.....this whole song is blowing smoke........excellent work fellas.....wild....crazed......sweet and smoking....just perfect

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

Quote from: Geir on November 28, 2023, 12:30:36 PMI must have listened to this umpteen times already and I was quite sure I'd commented, but I guess not::)

This is really cool. Cool vocals and some really hot licks!

Quote from: Blooby on November 28, 2023, 07:03:13 AMThat is some tasty playing on top of a smorgasbord of ideas.
I quite agree tho I'm pretty sure it's pronounced Smörgåsbord (I have no idea if the umlaut and the ring will show but it's worth a try to educate the non-Scandinavian speaking public about the nuances of our languages  ::) )

Geir I have heard it pronounced here "shmoregashboard"... I think might be more what you are saying?

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

Quote from: StephenM on November 29, 2023, 04:39:02 AMGeir I have heard it pronounced here "shmoregashboard"

No one asked and i probably should have kept it stum... But in Finland there's a saying "to speak Norwegian" which means "To throw up".

I just thought that might add to the confusion on how it's prononounced. Stephen... Maybe try it again once hammered? :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Mike_S

Quote from: Zoltan on November 19, 2023, 04:20:51 PMThis would have been a surefire hit in the streets. Either that, or these whiteys would have got their arses handed to them. Probably both.

Brilliant!!  ;D

Everyone involved... a big "you rock" to you all. I am glad I got to this before it slid off the playlist. It's mad when you think this is an almost discarded track. Amazing what fresh ears can do for a tune. Some real talent involved so no surprise it's quality. I do get that raw/rough eighties feel on the production.

Great listen guys

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand