Subterranean Sea

Started by Farrell Jackson, November 18, 2023, 11:26:18 AM

Farrell Jackson

Subterranean Sea 2_eq
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Instr2023 (banner image missing)

This is a solo acoustic instrumental that I recorded yesterday, 11-17-23. I'm using my Taylor GS Mini with an onboard dynamic pickup into a preamp and I also mic'ed it with a CAD large condenser mic. Then I copied the mic'ed track to another track so I ended up with three tracks of the same performance. I panned the two mic'ed tracks hard right/left and centered the pickup track. Then I blended/mixed all three to my liking. I added a slight amount of chorus to all three tracks which gave them a bit of sparkle. I dropped the tuning down two steps and dropped the low "E" down to "C". So it's a standard tuning but with a dropped C. Hence the song title; Subterranean Sea or "C", lol. This is a one off performance but my seasoned fingers aren't as nimble as they used to be so please ignore a few missed notes and bumps here and there. Thanks.

Farrell 
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Bluesberry

Absolutely gorgeous......great playing and a wonderful composition....so soothing for my soul today...your recording technique is fantastic....sounds really good done this way...I might have to try your method  next time I record my acoustic

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ray Brookes

That is beautiful playing, Farrell. Love the sound you have created with the methodology in recording/mixing, making the guitar(s) sparkle. On top of that, a lovely composition. Nice play on words for the title too.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

I heard this while relaxing earlier.. I was lying on the bed and hit the juke box... I wasn't lookin at the screen... when Ray's song played I knew right away it was him. 

This came on and I am racking my brain... who is this?  who is this?  I never arrived at anyone... I had a few ideas but I did not think of you here.  I suppose that is because I tend to think of you as the vocalist and great one at that.  Plus many of the tracks you posted that I heard had a number of other musicians on them.  I knew you played.  I hadn't heard any of your stuff where I remember you playing this way.

anyway... I thought it sounded amazing... so beautiful.  The strings are brought to life and the energy breathes calmness and energy into the listener (imo).  Songcrafters juke box is a great radio station.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

hardlock

What can I say that isn't already expressed above. I love this piece. Not only is the playing fantastic but the mix is a whole next level production. Well done! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Blooby

That was pretty. Those minis generate a surprisingly good sound. Lovely piece.

Blooby

cuthbert

Sweet instrumental, Farrell! Your playing technique and recording are top-notch - hard to believe it's a mini Taylor, it sounds so full.

Fine, fine stuff.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Geir

WTFHTMP

Oh well.  What i meant to say is that this is stunning. Very well composed and a great performance.

And yeah I dig that mini Taylor. It's been on my wishlist since a friend of mine got one and i was amazed by the full sound in that tiny guitar.

I do like me some deep C tuning. I thing I posted a couple back in 2009 or 10. I used an open C tuning tho (CGCGCC).

So here's some bump-baits  ;D

Here's one (with a little help from my friends)
 and
here's one called North C blues  ::)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Great playing Farrell, the guitar sounds great.
It's a lovely tune and melody.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

thetworegs

Lovely playing and well composed

If Life is a dream then use your imagination