Recent posts

Original Songs / Re: Hideaway (Greco & Green)
Last post by des0free - Today at 09:07:41 PM
Spectacular, which I guessed it was going to be even before listening, from this team! Great acoustic picking and amazing lyrics and vocal performance. Love the tone of your voice on this one. Yes it has somewhat of a Beatles vibe, which I love, but it also has something special all its own character. How the heck does Tim come up with such great lyrics for so many songs so quickly and reliably?! There's one very Beatles-ish riff in the guitar near the start and end, I would almost remove/replace that, just so that the uniqueness and coolness of the song will stand fully on its own, with nobody being able to nitpick that there is a bit of copying there; doesn't bother me, but just a suggestion.

Original Songs / Re: "Azimuth Z"
Last post by des0free - Today at 09:01:42 PM
Nothin wrong with a chill rockin out session and then taking us listeners along for the ride! Some great guitar tones and other interesting sounds in here!

I see the track time is 3:14, which is pi, which is cool  ;D
Original Songs / Re: Nobody Knows
Last post by des0free - Today at 08:56:08 PM
This is one hell of a slow-simmering-searing awesome blues rock song! Especially like the backing vocals here, and the guitar playing, lead vocal, and production are ace as usual!  The dramatic stop at the 2/3 point was very effective, nice one all around!
Original Songs / Re: Positivity-Original
Last post by des0free - Today at 08:49:19 PM
Hey JB, I enjoyed this, I think it is one of your best. The piano composition and playing is top notch, and I like how the song transitions to being more upbeat right before the vocals start. Pleasing lyrics too! The flute sections are also really cool. Great ending!  Leaves me in a good mood! 
Original Songs / Re: Positivity-Original
Last post by Johnbee - Today at 06:46:09 PM
Thanks to all who listened and commented.  I really love when people comment. :-*

As to your question, Blooby-In one of his videos Joe recommended using delay instead of reverb and he suggested a particular setting.  He was right.  Reverb can actually muddy up a vocal. Using slight and subtle delay produces a much more pleasing vocal sound, at least to my ears.  Another tip I tried (not necessarily from Joe but from various tips over the years) is backing off from the mic.  I used to close in about 3 inches.  Now I've backed off to 5 or 6 and I started monitoring using the can on just the left ear, keeping the right ear off.  The pros do it that way and it produces a better result when you can hear your voice acoustically in one ear while electronically in the other.  I don't know why I never tried this before.  As I said, I've known for years that this is how the pros do this.  Now I know why.

:) John B
Original Songs / Re: Hideaway (Greco & Green)
Last post by Johnbee - Today at 06:37:23 PM
This is lovely. Loving the acoustic & vocal + harmonies.  And the lyrics are the perfect icing on the cake.

Original Songs / Re: Screwed - Jazzshed origina...
Last post by Johnbee - Today at 06:27:40 PM
Very resourceful use of 2 chords.  Imaginative use of the nursery rhymes.  Enjoyed this very much.

Original Songs / Re: "Azimuth Z"
Last post by Johnbee - Today at 06:23:21 PM
Everything sounds so nice and full.  Amazingly great mix.

Original Songs / Re: The Factory
Last post by Johnbee - Today at 06:19:10 PM
Factory work is not fun.  I spent most of my working life in various factories.  You caught the mindset pretty well in this tune both lyrically and musically.  Factory sounds do sound like a very loud rock band sometimes.

Original Songs / Re: Wake up while you can
Last post by Johnbee - Today at 06:13:12 PM
Very enjoyable listen.  Many interesting things going on in this tune.