In Bloom VOCALS NEEDED

Started by ianjm, October 12, 2008, 10:25:52 AM

ianjm

IN_BLOOM
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here is a cover of in bloom by Nirvana.

I used a backing track for the drums, I did the rhythm guitars and a friend did the solo.

As non of us can do justice by singing like Kurt Cobain (RIP)
Could someone please put the vocals on it

Cheers!!!!!

Tangled Wires

Very good, what effect where you using for the rythym guitar?

recorder
Boss Micro BR

BTNS

Very nice. I previously asked about the drum track but now I see that it was a backing track. Nick work dude. Great song as well.

ianjm

Quote from: andrewh on October 12, 2008, 01:53:59 PMVery good, what effect where you using for the rythym guitar?

Going by memory as I did this before I started to write the track info down, there are two dirty tracks using the Grinder effect and the clean track is Superclean (i think)

LESSON HERE TO BE LEARNED : ALWAYS WRITE THE TRACK INFO DOWN, INCLUDING LEVELS AND PICK UP SELECTION

berkly

Hey ianjm,

I'm going to attempt to record vocals to In Bloom.

Once I'm done, let me know if you have any feedback.

This is my voice with four different parts on it...

Question, would I be able to listen to your song while recording the vocal through the micro br?  And, if so, how would I do that?
B~FRESH   
I will sing if somebody needs a singer!!!

64Guitars

Quote from: berkly on January 03, 2009, 03:58:23 PMQuestion, would I be able to listen to your song while recording the vocal through the micro br?  And, if so, how would I do that?

Easy as 1 2 3.

1) Download - Download the MP3 by right-clicking on the filename "IN_BLOOM.MP3" which you'll find just below the MP3 player gadget in ianjm's original message above and select "Save Link As..." from the context menu. Specify the folder on your hard drive where you want to save it.

2) Transfer - Connect the Micro BR to your computer with a USB cable and follow the directions on pages 103 and 104 of the Micro BR manual (3rd edition) to copy the MP3 file from your computer to the MP3 folder of the Micro BR. When copying is complete, follow the directions on page 105 of the Micro BR manual to disconnect the Micro BR from the computer.

3) Import - Create a new song on the Micro BR (page 28), then follow the directions on pages 113 and 114 to import the MP3 to a pair of tracks (choose Tr12v1 for the import destination in step 7). Then set the pan for track 1 to L50 and track 2 to R50 (see page 44), and adjust the track levels so that you can hear the song (page 33).

That's it! You can now record your vocals and/or whatever else on tracks 3 and 4 while listening to the song on tracks 1 and 2.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

berkly

IN_BLOOM
Time:
0:00
Volume:
thanks a bunch 64guitars!!!!  helped me out a lot.

Now, I know this is kind of a gritty recording, so bear with me.

I am entirely open to constructive criticism, so let me know...
B~FRESH   
I will sing if somebody needs a singer!!!

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

ianjm

Thanks very much for the vox Berkly, well done.

Its nice to hear it complete.