best price for the Boss BR 600

Started by tom r, August 20, 2010, 02:13:35 AM

tom r

hi im thinking of upgrading from my micro to the 600. the best price i've seen has been £209 anyone seen any better deals?

Tom
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

64Guitars

gg-digital is advertising a demo unit for £177.17.

http://www.gg-digital.co.uk/product/06053115002529-boss-br-600-digital-studio---ex-demo-%28unit-only%29.html

It says "Out of Stock" but I'm a bit confused by that. They're not likely to get any more demo units in stock, so it seems to me that they would just delete the page once the demo unit is sold. I'm guessing they mean that new BR-600s are out of stock but they have this one demo unit in stock. You might want to ring them to find out. Unless, of course, you'd prefer a new, in-box BR-600.

Another thing that's confusing is that it says "FREE NEXT DAY DELIVERY On all mainland UK orders over £100" at the top of the page. But, if you click Add to Basket, it says there's a £6.99 charge for next day delivery, and the top of the page has changed to "FREE NEXT DAY DELIVERY On all mainland UK orders over £199".

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

tom r

thanks gotta say i would prefer to get a new one so it looks like £209 is the price to pay. To be honest its a bargain for what you get in such a small package. I remember my first 4 track being 3x the size with a fraction of the stuff

T
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

64Guitars

Quote from: tom r on August 21, 2010, 03:25:31 PMthanks gotta say i would prefer to get a new one so it looks like £209 is the price to pay.

I'm the same. I always buy new. It's like Christmas when you bring your new toy home and tear off the shrink wrap. With used or demo, you miss out on all that excitement. And you never know what people have done to it while it was on display.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

tom r

Hi i've taken the plunge and ordered a BR600. I figure it'll do just waht i need to do and i'm going to stock up on Compact Flah cards just in case :-)
ahh a new out of the box pressie i can't wait. I'm not sure what to do with my micro. I might hold onto it but i think i might put it on Ebay? I still have the box etc and its never been out of my house anythoughts on what price they go at?

Tom
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

Geir

You can never have too many MicroBR's!!!!

I'd hold on to it if I where you ..... suddenly you'll realise what a brillint box it is to take with you everywhere!!!!

Quoteits never been out of my house
??? WHAT ? ? ? ? ? ?

That's the most brilliant thing with the mbr. You can make music anywhere ... and continue mixing and mastering wherever... at the bus ... in a lunchbreak .... on the beach .....
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

tom r

Yes i know it's a bit of a waste not taking it out. I probably indeed definitley should have bought a 600 in the first place. I might hold on to it but i may have to part with it to justify the expense of the 600

Tom
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound