Main Menu

Win 7, ok?

Started by Rolow, April 20, 2010, 10:07:20 AM

Rolow

I'm not going to have any trouble interfacing my BR600 with Windows 7 am I?

Ron
Let it be known, there is a fountain, that was not made, by the hands of men.

Saijinn Maas

I have a br600 and just recently changed over to Windows 7 and I have not had any problems whatsoever connect the br600. Works pretty flawlessly.  ;)

hank987

Mbr and Windows 7 are the same as well....

64Guitars

A new page was just posted today on the Roland Japan site. It lists Windows 7 32-bit compatibility for Roland products.

For the BR series, it says that all of the following models are compatible with Windows 7 using the drivers supplied with the operating system:

Micro BR, BR-600, BR-864, BR-900CD, BR-1200CD, and BR-1600CD.

It also says that the BR Wave Converter version 2.00 and later will work under Windows 7 with the BR-864 and BR-900CD. It doesn't say if the Wave Converter works with the Micro BR and BR-600 under Windows 7 but I think that's just an oversight - I see no reason why it shouldn't work with those BRs too.

And it says that the BR Rhythm Editor version 1.00 and later will work under Windows 7 with the BR-600 and BR-900CD. It's interesting that it says "and later". I wonder if the new rhythm editor for the BR-800 is merely version 2.00 of the BR-600/900 Rhythm Editor and might also work with the BR-600/864/900. Same with the BR Wave Converter; perhaps there will be a version 3.00 that will work with the BR-800, BR-600, BR-900CD, BR-864, and Micro BR.

The page for Windows 7 64-bit compatibility is basically the same except that the software (Wave Converter and Rhythm Editor) must run as 32-bit applications.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

LDBluz

I'm just getting up and going with Windows 7 64-bit on a laptop. I haven't yet tried the Wave Editor yet, but the good old microBR Explorer (BRX_0102) and MBR Patch Documenter (MBRPatchDoc_v100) won't even install - the installer won't run under Win7. I'll miss that Explorer unless some noble geek could help!

64Guitars

Try running the installer in Windows XP compatibility mode. To do that, right-click on the installer, select Properties, then click the Compatibility tab. Make sure that the checkbox next to "Run this program in compatibility mode" is checked and select Windows XP from the drop-down list below it. Then click OK and try running the installer. If it works, I'd recommend following the same procedure for the installed programs too (BRX.exe and MBRPatchDoc.exe).

Let me know if that fixes the problem.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

LDBluz

Did that, and still Win 7 says it's not compatible. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium, so I don't know if that's the issue. I suppose one solution is to figure out how to setup a Virtual PC and install XP on it.

Any other ideas?

peterp

I can't get BRX_0102 to install either. The message says to check for a valid version for your 64bit or 32bit OS.
I am running Win 7 Pro 64bit, so I guess its installer is not compatible with a 64bit OS.

Micro BR Effects manager loads and works OK
(I got that program attached to this post https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=479.0;msg=3002 )

I can't find a my old copy of the patch document-er on my hard drive and it does not seem to be available for download anywhere anymore.

All the other programs seem to work OK.

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

64Guitars

Try these:

https://songcrafters.org/64guitars/software/BRX_0104.zip

https://songcrafters.org/64guitars/software/MBRPatchDoc_v101.zip

These are new builds which eliminate the installer by linking all of the necessary support files into the executable. Be sure to read the Readme.txt file included in each zip file.

Quote from: peterp on June 27, 2010, 06:49:08 PMMicro BR Effects manager loads and works OK
(I got that program attached to this post https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=479.0;msg=3002 )

That's not my program. It's blatant plagiarism of my work.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

SdC

Quote from: peterp on June 27, 2010, 06:49:08 PM....
I am running Win 7 Pro 64bit, so I guess its installer is not compatible with a 64bit OS.
To be more precise: Windows x64 is not compatible with 16-bit programs, and the installer is 16-bit...

recorder
Boss BR-600