Mixer / Speaker Ideas

Started by groovedude, October 03, 2009, 11:20:20 AM

groovedude

I'm looking for a cheap live audio solution.  3 of us have a MicroBR and we are looking for a mixer/speaker solution that we can all plug into (3 1/8" stereo inputs).  It doesn't have to be overly loud, this is just for family playing in the living room together.

I found the passive mixer below which might work but then we'd have to get a keyboard amp to hook up the Out to.  I've had good results plugging my BR into a computer speaker system but the good systems usually have a subwoofer and satellite speakers, and I don't want to mess with multiple speakers/wires...etc.

I think there are PA's that have a built in mixer but I haven't found any that were affordable.

Rolls MX41b 4-Channel Stereo Passive Mixer - 1/4-inch I/O
http://www.proaudiosolutions.com/product-p/mx41b.htm

Although not absolutely necessary if the solution included XLR in with phantom power that would rock, but again not really necessary.

Thank you for your time!

Blooby

I think Altec Lansing (sp?) has some good quality yet still inexpensive computer speakers.

The no-frills Yamaha mixer (with phantom power) below is $99.00.  For another 60 bucks or so (American), they have one with some digital effects. 

Hope this helps.

Blooby

Prive

Behringer have a great number of choices for a mixer all of them with really good prices, take a look at ebay and search "behringer mixer" you'll find lots with or without FX 4 channels, 6, 8, 12.
Music, music and three times music!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

Davo

There is a new multi-person headphone jam-hub thing that just came out.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

peterp

I'm using a Yamaha M82cx mixer with my microBR

I looked at some behringer's but having bought a behringer guitar effect pedal that I am quite disappointed with quality wise I decided to go with another manufacturer.

Plan to add some semi decent powered monitors like VXT's to my kit sometime hopefully soon :)

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"