Les Paul Tribute Challenge (Latinish Backer) - Bluesberry's take

Started by Bluesberry, August 14, 2009, 05:47:04 PM

mr2kewl

if not for Mr. Paul, we would not even be doing any of this. not only did he give us the electrified guitar, he pioneered the multi track recording technology.

a very nice tribute, BB

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Bluesberry

Thanks folks, any comparison to Peter Green is huge in my books, I wanted to try to get something of his vibe here (I can't play anything close to his kind of licks so I didn't even try - these are Bluesberry licks, and all I hear is the mistakes  :P :D), but I wanted something of the smoothness that he had.  That was the idea in my head anyway.  And comparisons to Carlos Mayall, well it doesn't get any better than that (pssst, who the hell is this Carlos Mayall guy anyway?) yes sir that Carlos Mayall is a hoot isn't he (sounds like a Colombian drug lord or something).  Great fun for sure. 

Cheers
Dave.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StevieM

Excellent!!
 I want a Les Paul-----but I couldn't make it sound like that :'(
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!