I wonder will this hatred ever end
I wonder and worry my friend
I wonder, I wonder, wonder don't you?

I wonder how many times you been had
And I wonder how many dreams have gone bad
I wonder how many times you've had sex
And I wonder do you know who'll be next
I wonder, I wonder, wonder I do

Obituary: Rodriguez, Singer Whose Career Was Resurrected, Dies at 81 - The New York Times

I haven't had time to touch my guitars for awhile. And boy were my hands out of shape. Not just the bass workout, but just strumming those simple open chords had my fingertips crying in pain. I needed to break the ice and push out a song in one session, so this is it. Four tracks plus MBR drums. No bouncing.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Jean Pierre

Well, I didn't know the singer or the song at all...

I was immediately attracted by the bass line, so I went on YT to see if it was the original or an invention of yours.

Belle chanson, belle reprise Bravo Ted et merci
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

kenny mac

That's some bass line.
Not heard the original but it's an excellent song.
Great performance, love the organ sound,nice vocal as well.
Excellent.

StephenM

the BR drums work... reminds me of the BR1600... sounds similar..

the bass is great Ted, really busy and well done.  I hear ya on the fingers thing... at my age if I don't play a bit every day or most days I can't stay strong enough in my fingers and hands.

I am glad you pushed through this... it came out really well... the lyrics are things people think about for sure and we can all relate.  Big things here.

It feels like a more rocking folk song.

guitar strumming is so nice as well... will be listening some more... on 3 now

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

TPB

Sounds good as I did know the artist I will check him I was just getting into it and it cut the song short try again later to hear it all
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Ray Brookes

I'd never even heard of the guy or the song so I googled him and it. What a great song and you've covered it perfectly. Excellent vocals and you've nailed that bass line.
Ray Brookes

Ted

Quote from: Ray Brookes on February 05, 2024, 10:08:30 PMI'd never even heard of the guy or the song

There are only a few comments, I'm a little surprised that, so far, nobody has said that they have heard of Rodriguez. Searching for Sugar Man is an Oscar-winning film from 2012 that tells the story about his failed career from the 1970s – except he was huge in South Africa among anti-Apartheid whites and he didn't even know it. He made no money from his success abroad (and he had no success at home). South Africans thought Rodriguez was dead, so they didn't let Rodriguez know that to them he was par with Bob Dylan.

I thought maybe the Australian Songcrafters might have heard of him. He had some minor success there – at least one tour.

I highly recommend the film. I saw it in a theater in 2012, and I didn't know the plot twist – that Rodriguez was still alive. I should watch it again.

Thanks for the kind words about my recording, Jean Pierre, Kenny Mac, StephenM, TPB, and Ray Brookes. I'm just happy to have squeezed out song after a long break, and some life stress that hasn't quite yet abated.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Farrell Jackson

Well done on this Rodriguez song Ted. That bass is played very well and the your vocals are top notch. When I saw the name Sixto Rodriguez, I knew who he was immediately. I watched Searching for Sugar Man several years ago. It was and intriguing fairy tale story of a guy that was cheated by an unscrupulous manager for years until it was all set right by the fans in South Africa. I enjoyed your version!   
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

the physics teacher

I didn't even bother to look up the orriginal. I am shure yours sounds just as well.

Corné
I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

Oldrottenhead

loving the bass it is bad ass. gaun yersel Ted.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann