Worried Life Blues, tribute to BB King by JP

Started by Jean Pierre, December 09, 2023, 06:07:50 AM

Jean Pierre

WORRIED LIFE BLUES render MP3-002
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Come on ..I'm still in my pre-Christmas blues mode
"Worried Life Blues" is a blues standard and one of the most recorded blues songs of all time. Originally recorded by Big Maceo Merriweather in 1941

eh éh 1941 I wasn't born (like most of us anyway...), really a standard, I was inspired by BB King's version (and Clapton's unplugged version)
 Robben Ford's version is amazing, it's my favourite.

Finally, here's mine with TJ Klay, a Nashville harmonica player (via BIAB).

Oh yes, it's an 8-bar blues, an unusual exercise for me
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Mike_S

Nicely done JP. Perfect for me right now. I have had my whiskey :) You did a great job with this... lovely vocal and some fine blues guitar!

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Jean Pierre

Thanks Mike, I have to admit I'm a bit partial to whisky (...and mints).
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

TPB

Yes sir give me some bb love the backing this so good I think we should do a BB king in a French and English duet
Let me send you something
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Pete C

An excellent example of the Blues !  Chouette!

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Vanncad

Nothing like a good dose of the Blues to cheer me up (lol!).
The guitar licks and harp fills are great. Is that you on guitar? Sounds like this was a fun one to record for you.

Well done JP. Merci for sharing.
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Jean Pierre

thank you Pete and Tim
a blues in the morning and a whisky in the evening can't do any harm to your health :D

Wancad
QuoteIs that you on guitar?

I actually have a lot of fun building these old blues standards

yes I made the guitar (telecaster clone Fender by Harley Benton, clear sound with a set of guitar rih 6

...and the bass and a precision bass clone fender by Harley Benton

I bought these two guitars for 79 euros, in kit to be assembled and I must say that for a "domestic" use, they give all satisfactions