BR600 mic problem?

Started by hardlock, October 16, 2020, 02:10:12 AM

hardlock

Hi all!  I could have swore that when using the internal mics, with the input set to mic and effects off, the two acted separate with their respective gain controls? 

Just noticed this now that #1 mic gain controls both internal mics together, the other gain does nothing. #1 light flashes with tapping on either mic as though they are mixed to mono yet the output is indeed stereo?

With condenser mics plugged in however, both level controls and lights work independently as expected.

Am I missing something or is that just the way the internals work and I never noticed before?  Thanks!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

64Guitars

If you look at the internal mics at the front of the BR-600, you'll see that they're labelled "MIC1 [L]" and "MIC 1 [R]", not MIC 1 and MIC 2. So I would assume that the input sensitivity of the internal mics is controlled by the MIC 1 control only.

Also, here's what the manual says about the input sensitivity controls on page 16:

Notice that the internal mics are not mentioned in the description of the GUITAR/BASS/MIC2 control.
recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

hardlock

Thanks much!  That clears it up perfectly. Guess I should have dug deeper into the docs before posting.  ::)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

WarpCanada

Has anybody plugged a pair of mics into the MIC1/MIC2 and been blown AWAY by the sonic quality of a particular mic paired with this BR600?

I mean just today I was using the built in Mics, and I thought, they're better sounding (to me anyways) than my Shure SM57, which seems insane to say.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada