No phantom power on the br80???

Started by Hook, October 11, 2015, 09:06:05 AM

Hook

Can't find that particular one on Amazon usa Tootler, but it looks cool & I found an equivalent one for about $56. If I do go that route I'd probably go with the nady since it only uses 1 9v but the multiple ins look cool.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

chip

Quote from: Hook on October 16, 2015, 03:39:40 PMJust in case anyone is interested I recorded my first vocal with the $22 Pyle handheld condenser.
https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=24045.msg293914;topicseen#new
It's not the AT2035 (not as warm) or the Sennheiser (which runs a bit hot but is super clear) but it aint bad!
Rock On!

Hi Hook. I think I got my wire crossed. The one I'm on about was not a condenser mic but an ordinary dynamic mic. I have just noticed the condenser word in the above post. Apologies for the confusion as I didn't see/ missed any mention of the pyle mic you have being a condenser. Sounds pretty good too.
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.

Tootler

Quote from: Hook on October 16, 2015, 03:44:11 PMCan't find that particular one on Amazon usa Tootler, but it looks cool & I found an equivalent one for about $56. If I do go that route I'd probably go with the nady since it only uses 1 9v but the multiple ins look cool.
Rock on!

I wasn't sure if you would be able to find the exact one and the one you did find was relatively more expensive even allowing for the £/$ conversion but at least I hope it suggested possibilities.

I wasn't too worried about the two in/outs though it could be useful at some time. It was just the only one that I could find that was battery powered and it was battery power I wanted as I wanted the whole system to be operable independantly of the mains.

I would have been just as happy with a single battery single in/out power supply but the one I got does the job very nicely. It does have a switch for 12v/48v and an on/off switch which enables you to to mute the mic if necessary.s

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-006
recorder
Audacity