Yesterday - Beatles cover

Started by 7thson, April 18, 2013, 06:04:20 AM

Redler

Wow!!! Brilliant version of the classic! Fantastic performing both on guitar and vocals!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Farrell Jackson

Real nice vocal and guitar! A very good performance of one of The Beatles' great songs. I may be off but your acoustic guitar has the sound of an Ovation.....clear and crisp. Nice one!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

dobrodaddy

Wonderful guitar playing.  Your vox sounds really good too, but my ears focused on the gtr.  The quicker tempo brings out a bit of bossa nova feel to the arrangement.  Like that a lot.

I'd like to hear you get a bit more natural tone out of your acoustic.  Your playing certainly merits it.
Have you tried recording your acoustic w both p'up and external mic?  That should give you 2 tracks to blend, eq, etc.  Tho I know zip about the BRs.

You'd probably wind up doing separate vox track so you don't get crossover between vox  n gtr.  Don't know if doing separate vox tracks appeals to you.  It didn't to me, but it's really helped produce better recordings. 

Regardless, you did a great job on this!   Beautiful song and beautiful rendition!  DD

Thanks for listening!

recorder
Zoom H2

Gnasty

Welcome 7th son. Excellent post and looks like you have a handle on you br.

That acoustic sounds marvelous and great vox.

Are your other 6 brothers this good? ;)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

7thson

Thanks everyone! I've been away for a couple days and was happy to see that so many enjoyed this.  ;D I appreciate the suggestions which I will try to implement as I continue to test out the BR-800.  i'm having a lot of fun being able to capture my sound properly.  I'll put some more songs up as I have the chance.

Boss BR-800

thetworegs

A beauty of a job done with this old classic great guitar and love your vocal..............

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

7thson

Quote from: thetworegs on April 22, 2013, 01:22:55 PMA beauty of a job done with this old classic great guitar and love your vocal..............

Thanks for that.  High compliment coming from a guy who really knows how to wail on the vocals! :)

Boss BR-800