Ode to Melissa

Started by dragonshade, January 29, 2009, 09:50:24 AM

dragonshade

MELINTROa
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Going back to my younger metal days one of my old favs was Mercyful Fate. Used to love the intro/solo to Melissa, so doodling over the last 2 nights (only have about 2 hours/night of my own time). I recorded these 2 tracks....the solo I didn't know so I had to try to figure it out... it's close.

It's just a small clip, but as I love to hear everyone's different music, and tend to post and share just about everything myself.
Here ya go.

Guitar-Maniac

Hail to you ! love Mercyful fate/king diamond
I am very glad to see this here, never thought i would!

Lets raise our Horns! \m/ :D

that intro always and still do! give me chills!
would love to hear you do king diamond vocals! :D
Heavy Metal all the WAY!
Oh yea... bodybuilding too :D

RevHeadRaZ

nice sound u got there dude.  8)
Did u use the BR effects?
Keep it Phat 'n' Tasty

dragonshade

Maniac.... 

Very cool, thanks man. Used to love all the old Fate. Lol... singing Diamond w-a-y outta my range  ;), though I may try some Metallica vocals. I know I'm going to do a version of "To one far away", just love that. There was always SO much going on with the guitars in MF, and of course later with KD.   

Rev....

Thanks  :)  Yes, that is straight into the MBR with my Ibanez (emg85 active). I'm using 2 patches, one off Chor'Twn with some changes I can't honestly remember. I was just playing with it, liked it and saved it... that is the lead. (Actually I used that one in the Fade to Black song/post also). The clean is a patch off Superclean I think, again with mods, but no amp or other effects in... just plugged straight in.

Greeny

Top quality playing and lovely, moody chords. That's pretty hot stuff for someone just 'doodling'  :D

Your mix and production is spot on too. Would love to see you put it all together in a full song  :)

The Reverend 48

Very Cool 8) the mix sounds great....

dragonshade

Thanks guys, actually that is very good to hear. I honestly am not pleased with the timing of the solo, to me it is off a second here and there, and off a few notes. I may redo it after I become more comfortable with the solo...this was done after just working it out for a bit.