Suggestions for future festivals

Started by 64Guitars, June 12, 2012, 02:38:01 PM

Johnny Robbo

How about an "Every Instrument" fest? Basically you have to do a song which features at least one note played on every instrument in your collection. Given the wide range of instruments owned by folks such as Hook, that should lead to some interesting results.
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hilary

What if you've only got 1 instrument.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

64Guitars

Quote from: Hilary on March 03, 2017, 10:39:01 AMWhat if you've only got 1 instrument.

There are lots of free Web Audio instruments available. You could choose a few of those to include in your song.

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?action=WebAudio

That brings another festival suggestion to mind. How about a Web Audio Fest? The idea being to record a song using only Web Audio apps and your voice. It might make an interesting challenge.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Ted

Quote from: Johnny Robbo on March 03, 2017, 05:03:57 AMHow about an "Every Instrument" fest? Basically you have to do a song which features at least one note played on every instrument in your collection. Given the wide range of instruments owned by folks such as Hook, that should lead to some interesting results.

"Kitchen Sink Fest"
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

bruno

Does that include every single guitar effect pedal and amp as well? Every piece of gear on a song LOL I would be crushed!!!!! This was be a 'most gear on one tune fest' - of course, everything would need to be itemized and listed  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

cuthbert

Quote from: Johnny Robbo on March 03, 2017, 05:03:57 AMHow about an "Every Instrument" fest? Basically you have to do a song which features at least one note played on every instrument in your collection.

Seems like an interesting fest idea to me. :)

Quote from: 64Guitars on March 03, 2017, 11:42:11 AMHow about a Web Audio Fest? The idea being to record a song using only Web Audio apps and your voice. It might make an interesting challenge.

Yes - this might also make a good fest.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Hilary

Quote from: bruno on March 04, 2017, 01:29:47 AMDoes that include every single guitar effect pedal and amp as well? Every piece of gear on a song LOL I would be crushed!!!!! This was be a 'most gear on one tune fest' - of course, everything would need to be itemized and listed  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
B

A good excuse to get rid of some kit Bruno.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça