boss micro br-80 - can I used a backing track on MTR

Started by Starryeyed, February 15, 2012, 03:05:51 PM

Starryeyed

Hi guys - I've just got a Micro BR-80 and have discovered that I can only use the internal mics in eband (where I can upload my backing tracks). Is it possible to transfer the song (without recording it) to MTR so that I can play my backing track and sing to it with an external mic? Any advice would be very gratefully received thanks

64Guitars

Quote from: Starryeyed on February 15, 2012, 03:05:51 PMHi guys - I've just got a Micro BR-80 and have discovered that I can only use the internal mics in eband (where I can upload my backing tracks).

I don't understand what you mean. The internal mics are available in eBand mode, Live Rec mode and MTR mode. Why do you think you can only use them in eBand mode?

QuoteIs it possible to transfer the song (without recording it) to MTR so that I can play my backing track and sing to it with an external mic?

Certainly. See "Importing Audio Data (TRACK IMPORT)" on page 78 of the BR-80 Owner's Manual.

You can also import backing tracks directly into MTR mode using the BR Wave Converter software, rather than first importing them into eBand mode then copying them to MTR mode. See Workshop booklet #4 (Share) here:

http://www.rolandus.com/support/support_documents/workshop.php#br-80

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

If I understand you correctly, you want to use an external mic in eBand mode?

I can't see why not. According to the figure on p89 in the manual all the inputs are available in eBand mode. Just remember to set the [GUITAR/MIC] switch on the BR-80’s back panel to the MIC position.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Geir

Quote from: Starryeyed on February 16, 2012, 12:07:58 PMGeir - you can't use an external mic in MTR mode, it's just for guitar
I just tried it and it works just fine. Both in MTR and eBand mode. In MTR mode the effect defaulted to a vocal patch, but in eBand is was a blues guitar effect so I had to change it to a vocal effect.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Geir

Quote from: Doug Young, Acoustic Guitar: Boss Micro BR BR-80 ReviewYou can plug an external mic into the 1/8-inch mic/line jack in eBand or MTR mode, but not in Live Rec mode.
Only Live Rec mode is limited to only using the built-in mics.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........