First work with BR - my guitar and vocal with backing track

Started by jerome11, January 03, 2009, 07:07:54 AM

jerome11

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Hi, guys.

I finally recorded successfully following several mistakes.

Whilst it is somewhat incomplete, feel free to enjoy it.
Any comment is welcomed.

* Track1, Track2 : Backing track referred from one in 'Guitar Techniques, January 2003' (bass and drum sound)

* Track3: My humble guitar playing (with PANDORA PX2)
* Track4: sorry man, poor voice (in my room)

Warm regards,

B.G.

Boognish

sounds pretty sweet, dude!  Reminds me a bit of some old Beastie Boys b sides.
Okay to cover.

bydle

Yeah!
I like it. And don't say your voice is poor. Just don't be shy and it can be also better. You have a really strong, good voice and you sing clear.
For me it seems that you shoud decrease sesitivity on mike as the recording seems to be overdriven.
I also like lead sound of your guitar and really hot playing. I think there is too much reverb on lead and vocal - but it's only mine opinion and I was listening to your recordings on cheap computer headphones.
Nice work.

SteveG

Really hot sound you got there. Voice sounds fine to me, clipping a bit, hold the MBR a bit further away and watch the meters. Why dont you put some lyrics to it? You have a melody, which is half way there.

rythmking24

that's some funky stuff. sweet lead guitar tone. i think your voice sounds pretty soulful aswell. lyrics would probably help, in terms of emphasis and stuff. i agree with bydle though, about the decreasing sensitivity thing. still... a good effort mate.

AzJoe71

Cool, La La La La, Ya Ya Ya YYaaaaa thats a real Funky Groove you got there. 8)
AZJoe

jerome11

Hello, guys.

Happy new year!

And thank you for all of your advices and opinions (to Boogish, bydle, SteveG, rythmking2, AzJoe71).

As you indicated, i will try to decrease sensitivity, reverb and to include some lyric. If anybody has a good lyric to suggest, it would be greatly appreciated.

This is the first start and I am making my life much happier with BR, nowadays.

B.G.

ianjm

What a good funky retro sound youve got there.  The only thing missing is a red Ford Torrino with a big white stripe on it..

(starsky & hutch if youre too young to remember)