My first time - "Born in Chicago" cover

Started by bydle, January 01, 2009, 05:57:47 PM

bydle

CHICAGO1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi!

I'm writing here for the first time. My name is Marcin and I come from Poland.

I bought my Micro BR some time ago and I'm still learning how to use it. Mostly I use it to practice with guitar and record some simple ideas/tracks to check if there is any progress in my playing.

I wanted to record somethig small to see if anybody will like my work as I have never played in a band or did any gigs so this is my debut. ;)

All I used to made this is my Squier Strat and Micro BR using built in "SKA Rhy" patch for guitar, "Vocal EQ" patch for vocal and "PreMaster" patch for mastering.
I know nothing about mixing and mastering so it is a little rough.

Also this is the first time I recorded me singing - I am not a singer. 8)

Hope you'll like it!

Enjoy and leave your comments please!

berkly

I don't know a lot about mixing/mastering, but it sounded really good!  Like the vocals, but maybe hit the volume a little bit more.  Love the guitar, you are very good!
B~FRESH   
I will sing if somebody needs a singer!!!

bydle

Thanks!

There is low volume on vocals as I was singing very quiet. I didn't want to wake or scare my children   ;)
I'm also not satisfied with my guitar playing as it is not excactly in time and I will have to work some more on this.

Bigsky

Your guitar playing is great and the vocals are good too, just need some volume on the vocals. otherwise great job.

bydle

It's nice to hear somebody likes it. Thanks!

I'll try to record vocals again to check if I can get somethig better.

Ferryman

Marcin,

I think this sounds good, your guitar playing has a nice feel to it. Any timing misses didn't stand out, the person playing always hears the mistakes, listeners generally don't (unless they are really obvious).

I hear what you say about the vocals. I just can't do vocals at home. It's not the BR (although I did have some issues), it's more the performance. To get a good vocal I have to sing really loud and I can't do that at home if there's anyone in the house, I'm just too embarrassed.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

bydle

Thanks guys!

Ferryman_1957,
Everytime I record myself I feel it doesn't sound like I want it. I'm trying to get it better and better but it is not easy to play something to be pleased with the results.
Good thing is that it makes me play better - well, I hope so. ;D

And about singing.
My wife is a singer with a lot of recording and stage experience. Also my daughter sings in her first high-school band. I'm trying to make them record something for me, but it's not easy. ;)

Also I have to learn to make better drum arrangemets or make my brother to do it  (he is a drummer). I think it would sound better with good drums and bass line.

Damn, and all I wanted is to learn to play guitar...  :-\

tafka

Hi Marcin,great playing.....and your english is 100% better than my polish
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Flash Harry

Quote from: Witchita on January 02, 2009, 12:24:10 PMHi Marcin,great playing.....and your english is 100% better than my polish

His English is 100% better than your English;D - Sorry Tony, I said I'd lay off you didn't I - My apologies, I retract the last statement.....

Great playing Marcin. Post some more!

Quote from: bydle on January 02, 2009, 11:22:39 AMDamn, and all I wanted is to learn to play guitar...  :-\

I have found that using the MBR and collaborating has sharpened up my playing enormously, and it has made me think about all the other bits that make up a good track. It's one thing to learn how to use the MBR, and another thing to learn how to construct music.

Normally I would have jumped at the chance to play bass for you on the track, at the moment it is difficult to do so. If there is still no bass in two weeks time, I'll gladly put some in for you.

:)
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.