Timothy Leary Meets Marshall Tucker

Started by Blooby, October 23, 2011, 04:40:59 PM

Blooby

Psy CYS
Time:
0:00
Volume:

John and I have been talking about how to create some variety as a potential live duo. Many acoustic acts around town seem to have that Indigo Girls "Closer to Fine" strum as a blueprint for many of their songs, and while I like that just fine (and there are some great acoustic duos in this town), we wished to mix it up a bit. We try to contrast finger-picked tunes with strummed ones, classic rock with more traditional acoustic fare, popular with esoteric, and concise tunes and those with a few solos (courtesy of a loop pedal providing the chording).  But this was perhaps an experiment gone awry. I could just see a bunch of patrons silently mouthing the words, "What the %uck???"

So I am several drinks into the evening at this point, and I pop an iPad in John's hands, loaded up with the new Moog app 64 hipped me to.  I have my loop pedal as well as the fruits of my latest bout of G.A.S.: a Digitech Timebender. I think I said something akin to, "Let's do something simple like 'Can't You See' and then get trippy in the middle."

As per my usual, I was never going to post this (I really do hold back quite a bit...honest), but coming back into the verse after the weird, trippy section was such a surreal experience...even with repeated listens, I just had to share.

Please imagine you are trying to enjoy a meal in a cozy restaurant while this is happening. I feel food may be tossed in our general vicinity.

Sorry about the 128 kb/s warble.

Blooby

dasilvasings

Wow.... I like this, especially the timebender thingy!  It is quite a change! The second part could go straight to psychedelic fest!

Amazing the stuff you do with the loop pedal. You are making me GAS! I would stop eating, say "What the %uck???", but enjoy it immensely!

Loved the ending!

Nice post!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

chapperz66

That is just wonderful.  Marvelous stuff.  I will definately listen to that again,

Paul

Greeny

What a fabulous aural trip. You guys are special. I love the psych additions to bits - takes a really skilled player to harness whacky fx like that, so no problem for Mr Blooby! You guys are going to be a must-see live act.

Tony W

I just caught myself mouthing the words.

Wild man. I totally dig it! Timebender, that's about as perfect of a name for a gadget as I've ever heard.

This might just be my favorite cover of this song ever.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

as i am typing at the surreal loopy bit in my field of vision i have tonyw's monkey strumming it's guitar, fabulosa love it.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

andy casson

oh my lord I loved this, you've got a great voice, but the trippy middle and ending were fantastic! Not completely convinced about hearing this over dinner...I could try it later with the wife, but pretty certain I would get something thrown at me (meantime I would be enjoying the music immensly and be transported to a different temporal place)

Brilliant!
andy

thetworegs

Fantastic ......the whole thing is just beautiful......really enjoyed it........A masterpiece ......just wonderful.....can't express enough how great this would be to hear live........I would have to stop eating though....it wouldn't be polite to carry on with such talent on the stage......Bravo.....more......more.......

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Rata-tat-tat

Blooby... you have to be the most "Humble" person online... Your vox are killer and this arrangement should win you cheers rather than things thrown at you. I personally dig it big time... but then again... I'm not your average club patron. I understand what your saying... some people wouldn't understand "Good Music" if were cranked to 11 and kicking them in their face. This is awesome bro.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

TPB

;D Well you made that cover yours I liked it a lot Mashall Tucker trippy is good
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away