"Vitameatavegamin" original by Ted

Started by Ted, July 27, 2009, 01:32:43 AM

Ted

Quote from: Ferryman on July 27, 2009, 09:51:23 AMSpecifically about Lucille Ball or a montage?

A montage.  The song was inspired by a fading beauty I know who is going through a narcissistic meltdown.  I imagined a person so desperate for attention, she'd lie, manipulate, suffer ridicule and indignation--in lieu of respect, praise and adoration.  Lucy Ricardo and Britney Spears came to mind.

And I'm careful to say Lucy Ricardo--the fictional character--rather than Lucille Ball.  Ball apparently was quite well-adjusted and savvy about business; not much like the neurotic character she made famous.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Tangled Wires

Very catchy song, fantastic playing throughout and the drum arrangement is spot on.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Facemask93

Nice one Ted , what an absolute wicked song , clever , catchy lyrics , love the acoustic part , it drives the song along very nicely , very reminicent of Pinball wizard , then those superbly delivered vox , and good use of background electric distortion , bass and drums

Top song

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Ted

Quote from: facemask93 on July 27, 2009, 05:19:09 PMvery reminicent of Pinball wizard...

At first I thought, Huh?  Then I remembered the intro, with the "pedal point" note on Townshend's guitar.

Thanks.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

launched

Hmm, I just had another listen. This song is really out there and I like that kind of stuff. Thanks for posting the lyrics for us - obviously a first listen wouldn't pick up much, and I think cuthbert was clever to pick up on the Lucille Ball end of it. I just heard bald headed clown and the babies came and thought "Thats Britney Spears!!"

Anyway, the music is great as well and I'd like to congratulate you for creating an excellent song.

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Wiley

This was really a cool idea!! you really nailed it.  What fun!!  Great production  good job on using the br's features.

Bluesberry

This is a really well done song, crystal clear production, great variety in the changes.  I have to agree with all the Who comparisons.  To my ears this would sound perfect alongside the tunes on "The Who Sell Out".  Great stuff.  We don't hear enough music from you Ted, your music is brilliant!!!

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Blooby

What a great listen.  Lately, the quality of production on this site has ramped up exponentially. 

What a great pop tune, and I mean that in the best way (where "pop" is not a dirty word...in a land where even "prog" was once not ridiculed).  Man, the bass is cooking at 2:45 or so.  I almost wish it were louder, but the mix is too good as it is.

A jolly good listen.  I will revisit this one for sure.

Kudos.

Blooby

OsCKilO

Love this Tune!

Smart, Catchy and against the grain......

Are you Sure you aint "The" Ted Johnson of Youtube fame....?

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Davo

Wow a Lucy reference, nice!  My sister and gramma are still obsessed!

Very well done, nice energy to it.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe